Nowadays, people like using a printer with more advanced features and want their printers to connect to Wireless networks. You can connect your HP printer with your Wireless network or Wired Ethernet connections. All the models in HP printers have the accessibility to connect the Printer to the Wireless network and password or using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS). HP Auto Wireless connection is a technology that automatically connects your printer to your wireless network without requiring you to connect any wires or enter any wireless network information such as your network name or password.
Today, having the ability to use your home desktop or laptop from anywhere in the house and then print without worrying about connectivity is true. During the printer software installation, printers without a touch display can use this wireless setup approach. It can also temporarily connect a USB cable between the computer and the Printer. It’s critical that you only connect and unplug the cable when the program prompts you to do so while configuring your Printer’s wireless connection.
What is the procedure to check whether the HP Printer is connected to Wireless Network?
- The Wi-Fi indicator light should be solid green or blue and lit.
- Try reconnecting to a wireless network if the Wi-Fi indicator light is not orange.
- Verify that the SSID is accurate.
- To check the network settings, print a network setup sheet from the HP Printer.
- Check to see if your WEP key or WPA pass is correct.
- Figure out the security settings on the wireless router by logging in.
- Verify that the HP printer is within range of the wireless network.
- The Printer, computer, or other wireless devices should be within 100 feet of the access point in most networks.
- Should place the HP printer away from any electronic gadgets that could disrupt the wireless signal.
- Should not use poles, walls, or other supports to separate the HP printer and access point.
- Most equipment like webcams, motors, cordless phones, security system cameras, other wireless networks, and some Bluetooth devices can interfere with the wireless signal.
HOW TO CONNECT THE HP PRINTER TO A WIRELESS NETWORK USING THE PUSH BUTTON METHOD OF WPS?
To connect a printer with WPS connections, we need a Wireless printer, a router with a WPS button, and a Wi-Fi network with WPA or WPA2 secures password.
For HP printers with buttons on the control panel:
- Press the wireless button until the Wi-Fi button blinks.
- Now, go near the router and press the WPS button within 60 seconds to establish the connection to the Printer.
- Once the Wi-Fi network is connected, the Wi-Fi light stops blinking.
For HP printers without buttons:
- Touch the Wi-Fi button or go to the Setup option to choose the Wireless setting.
- Then, choose the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option and touch the Push-button. And then, hit the start button.
- On the Wi-Fi router, hold down the WPS button till the light blinks.
- Now, you can see the connection successfully screen displays.
HOW TO INSTALL A WIRELESS PRINTER WITH A USB CABLE IN WINDOWS?
You can install the HP printer driver and software for your Wireless printer and connect the Wireless network with a USB cable. Before you begin to establish a connection, ensure that the HP printer is turned on. Do not connect the USB wires until there is a prompt to connect. If the USB is connected, unplug it.
- Download the HP printer driver and software from the HP support official site.
- After the driver file is downloaded, double-click the file downloaded to begin the installation.
- The file extraction begins, and you may see a prompt where the HP printer can access the file and folder in your Windows system. Click yes, run to continue the installation.
- Follow the guidelines as directed, and at the connection screen, choose the Wireless option. Hit Next.
- Then, you will be requested to plug the USB cables into the HP printer and computer.
- After that, the installer detects the Printer through the USB connection.
- Continue to proceed with the instruction on the computer screen.
- Once the Printer detects the computer and router information, it completes the network connection.
- Then, it will prompt you to disconnect the USB cable.
- Finally, the HP printer driver completes the installation.
- Keep on following the prompts on the screen, and it might differ depending upon the printer model.
- When the HP printer is connected to the Wireless network, the HP Printer Assistance installs automatically.
- Open the HP printer Assistance by double-clicking the printer icon on the desktop or use the Windows menu to search the HP printer Assistance.
- You can print, scan, view the estimation ink level, adjust the scanning option, and more options. The HP printer is now ready to print, scan or copy.
HOW TO INSTALL THE HP PRINTER WITH A USB CABLE IN MAC OS?
- Before the installation procedure, connect the Printer and MAC with a USB cable and power on the HP printer and MAC.
- Open your preferred browser and go to 123.hp.com/setup to download the software on your MAC.
- Hit the Install HP Easy Start button.
- Then the HP Easy Start .exe file downloads.
- Review the policies and conditions and tap the checkbox to continue.
- Follow the guidelines as directed and select your HP printer and click Continue or Next.
- In the connection window, select the USB connection and click Continue.
- Read the instruction on the screen and respond to those prompts. Install the Software.
- Follow the on-screen guideline to finish the installation procedure.
- Hit Finish and try to print the document from your MAC.
HOW TO CONNECT AN HP PRINTER TO A WIRELESS NETWORK USING HP SMART FOR MAC OS?
For successful Setup and installation of your HP printer to macOS, you need a Mac device connected to the Wireless Network, HP printer powered on, internet connection with good speed, and Wi-Fi network password. Ensure that the HP printer is turned on and it is in Wireless Setup mode. HP Smart app detects the HP printer connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Mac OS is connected.
For HP printers with buttons, the Setup mode activates when you turn on the Printer for the first time, and it will be active for 2 hours. If it has been longer than 2 hours, reset the Printer. To reset the Printer, for three seconds, press the information button and release the button. Then hold down the Wi-Fi and cancel button simultaneously. Finally, release the button to restore Setup mode.
For HP printers without a button, touch the Setup and tap Restore Network Setup and then Restore Network Setting.
- Open the browser and navigate to 123.hp.com.
- Type your HP printer model name or number and select the HP printer from the resultant list. Hit Next.
- On the next screen, click the Install HP Smart button.
- In the MAC app store, tap the install icon. Then, open the HP Smart app.
- Click continue on the Welcome screen, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Then, hit the yes button to access the files and folders by the HP Smart app.
- Now, the Let’s Get Started screen displays and click the Set up a new printer.
- HP smart app will search for the HP Printers, select your HP printer, or click the Setup option.
- Confirm your HP printer and click continue.
- Then, HP smart app will request you to enter the Wi-Fi password to access the network.
- Select Continue, and you may enter your Mac OS admin name and password for security purposes.
- Keep on following the instruction to connect the Printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- It may prompt to update of the firmware. Select the Complete update button.
- Once the firmware is updated, you can view the status on the HP Smart home screen.
- Hit the Setup option and follow the prompts directed. Next, complete the setup procedure by creating an HP account to sync with the HP Smart app.
- Finally, the HP Smart app returns to the home screen and shows your Printer in ready status.
HOW TO CONNECT THE HP PRINTER TO A WIRELESS NETWORK USING HP SMART FOR WINDOWS 10?
To install your HP printer to a Windows computer, the requirements are Windows 10 computer connected to the Wireless network, an HP printer, an active internet connection, and the wireless network password. Also, check whether the HP printer is powered on.
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the browser and go to 123.hp.com.
- Type the HP printer name and model in the search bar. Then, select your Printer from the drop-down list.
- Tap the Install HP Smart button.
- If prompted, click open Microsoft Store to install the HP Smart app.
- Click the HP Smart app and hit Install.
- Once the app is installed, tap the launch button.
- On the HP Smart Welcome screen, review the terms and conditions and click continue.
- Note: Make sure that your HP printer is in Setup mode. If not, reset the HP printer.
- Once the HP printer is in Setup mode, hit Set Up a New printer.
- Choose your Printer and tap the Setup option and then confirm it.
- Now, the HP Smart may prompt you to type the Wireless Network password.
- Then, it begins to connect the HP printer to your network.
- For security purposes, you will need to confirm the proximity to the Printer. For a Printer without a touchscreen display, press the information button. The Printer with touchscreen, you can touch Allow to set up the Printer.
- Now, the HP printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Then, continue the guidelines to complete the installation. You can also skip few options if you didn’t need them.
- Finally, the Printer is now ready, and you can try to print the document and images from your system.
HOW TO CONNECT THE HP PRINTER TO A WIRELESS NETWORK USING HP SMART FOR ANDROID MOBILE DEVICES?
Before we connect the Android mobile device and the HP printer, we need an Android tablet or smart connected to an internet connection, an HP printer turned on, and a Wireless network with a secure password.
- To download the HP Smart app go to the google play store, or you can also scan the OR code on the Get started card, which was attached with the Printer, or else go to 123.hp.com and download it.
- After the download is complete, launch the HP Smart app.
- Review the conditions and click the continue button.
- Click yes to allow the HP Smart app to access the documents and images on your mobile device.
- Ensure that the HP printer is in setup mode. You can also reset the HP printer before you begin the process.
- Return to the Android device and Start to Set up the HP printer with the HP Smart app.
- Follow the guidelines as directed and complete the setup procedure.
- Once the HP printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network next, you may be requested to get a subscription for instant ink. Skip this procedure if you are not interested.
- And then, create an HP account to register your Printer. Then, proceed to follow the prompts and finish the Setup.
- You can print the pictures and documents from a mobile device or other desktops. Enjoy printing!!!
HOW TO CONNECT THE HP WIRELESS PRINTER USING WI-FI DIRECT?
Note: If you connect the HP printer to the Android or iPhone devices, you can’t access the internet connection until the Wi-Fi is disconnected. You can use this option only while printing.
HP PRINTER WITH BUTTONS ON THE CONTROL PANEL:
- Connect your HP printer to the network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- The Wi-Fi light on the Printer’s control panel should now be flashing.
- To get the Printer’s Wi-Fi Direct password, the procedure differs with each model:
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi and information buttons simultaneously or press the information button or press the Wi-Fi Direct button for three seconds or press the resume button for 2 to 10 seconds.
- We will then print the HP Network Configuration page.
- The Wi-Fi Direct password and other information will be presented in the Wi-Fi Direct column.
- Then, using Wi-Fi Direct for connecting the HP Printer to your desktop, Mac OS, Android, or iPhone device.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi button on the device.
- Check to see if the printer name appears and then choose it.
- Then, from the HP Network Configuration tab, input the correct Wi-Fi Direct password.
- The Printer has now been successfully connected to the device.
HP PRINTER WITH TOUCH SCREEN ON THE CONTROL PANEL:
- Turn on the Hp printer and touch the Wi-Fi Direct button on the display screen or else go to the Setup option to open the Wi-Fi Direct settings.
- Then, you can view the Wi-Fi Direct name and password on the Printer’s control panel.
- Go to the device where you want to connect the HP printer using Wi-Fi direct.
- Hit the Wi-Fi button and choose the HP Wi-Fi Direct name.
- Then, enter the password from the Printer’s touchscreen.
- Now, the HP printer is connected to the device.
- You can try to print the images and documents from the device. While you print, select the correct HP printer’s Wi-Fi Direct name.
Do you still have any queries about connecting the HP printer Wirelessly? Our printer tech professionals are here to help you. Dial the phone number on the screen for instant and quick assistance with an HP printer. Please don’t hesitate to contact us. It’s our pleasure to help you!!!
1. What should I do when my HP printer is not connecting to the Wi-Fi?
- Set your Printer as the default printer.
- Restart all your devices.
- Run the Printing Troubleshooter.
- Check Router settings.
- Update router firmware.
- Change your SSID.
- Uninstall the HP printer driver and software and reinstall it.
- Uninstall the HP printer from the devices and reinstall it.
- Reset your Printer.
2. How to print a Wireless Network Test report in HP InkJet printers?
- Inkjet printers featuring a menu on the control panel: To find a list of available reports, go to the Wireless, Network Settings, or Setup menu.
- Inkjet printers without a control panel buttons: Press the Wireless and Information buttons simultaneously, or hold down the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons.
3. I can’t get my computer to recognize my wireless Printer. What should I do?
- By holding Windows Key + Q, you can access the Windows search function.
- Type “printer” into the search box.
- Choose the printers and scanners option.
- Tap the Add a printer or scanner option. Again, windows Central is the source of this information.
- The Printer I’m looking for isn’t on the list.
- Select Add a printer that can find through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or a network.
- Select the Printer that is currently connected.
4. What is the functionality of wireless printers?
- A wireless printer connects to a wireless network and allows users to print from a variety of devices. Users can transmit papers to the Printer directly from their PCs, mobile devices, and tablets, eliminating the need to connect them via cable or transfer files between devices.