Connecting to the Internet with HP Laptops
Laptops produced by HP (Hewlett-Packard) come with built in hardware that allows you to wirelessly establish an internet connection. It’s a simple process that only takes a couple of minutes, and allows you to browse the internet anywhere that your HP laptop can get signal. Once you’ve gotten your wireless network set up with your internet service provider, and they have provided you with the log-in details, you’re ready to follow the steps below to connect wirelessly to the internet.
- You’re going to want to check if your laptop’s wireless connection is on, and if not, turn it on. You can do this via the taskbar at the bottom of the laptop’s screen, or look for a dedicated button on the keyboard
- Double-click your network icon to pull up a list of the available networks in your proximity.
- Click on the network that you want to connect to. It’s likely that it will be a secured network, and you’ll need the log-in details from your ISP to connect to it. Enter the details, and the laptop will automatically connect to the network
- The network icon should indicate to you that you’re connected to the internet, but open a browser to quickly check if you’re actually connected.
- If for some reason you can’t connect to the internet, restart your HP laptops and attempt to repeat the steps listed above. If this fails, call our number for professional help.
Occasionally the issue you run into might be driver related. If this is the case, we offer HP driver support for laptops at 123.hp.com/setup. In the event that your printer may also be having issues, we also offer HP driver support for printer. If you’re experiencing any issues with your HP products that you feel may be too complicated for you to handle, call our toll-free number at 1-800-237-0201.