HP Envy 5540 is a multi-functioning Inkjet printer for printing, scanning, copying, and you can also print the documents and pictures from the cloud and directly from your Smartphones. Envy 5540 is a reliable printer with good quality color images and files. HP Envy 5540 all-in-one-printer cost is less and ideal for entry-level photo printing. You can quickly print 12 pages/minute, and it has a unique feature for quiet mode, draft mode printing. With these modes, you can print all the files and photos without any interruption. The user can also print borderless printing, duplex printing, a separate photo tray with a 2.2 inch mono LCD touchscreen display. The size of Envy 5540 printer is compact and can sit anywhere in your home or workspace. However, it may cause a moderate noise while printing.
Do you Know? The HP Envy 5540 printer can print a text file with five pages in 36.9 seconds. However, while using the draft mode, the document prints in 34 seconds, and when it is in quiet mode, the printing may take a bit of time to print, that is 58 seconds.
The article explains the HP Envy 5540 features, setup procedure, and a lot more information about the printer. Let’s get started!
Features of HP ENVY 5540 Printer:
- The compact size and weight is 15.04 lbs
- The Envy 5540 prints black in color
- Color printer
- Supports Mac OS and Windows.
- Plain paper, labels, envelopes, and cards can all be printed.
- Thermal Inkjet printers are a type of printer that uses standard ink cartridge systems
- The main input tray with 125 sheets, 15-sheet photo trays, and a 25-sheet output tray
- Automatic duplexer
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Prints through the cloud
- Photo tray for 4×6 inch photo paper
- Fast photo printing
- Scan to email and scan to file
- Optional quiet mode
- Lack of Ethernet or fax accessible.
- No automatic document feeder.
- For corporate purposes, it’s too slow.
- HP’s Instant Ink Program is promoted actively through installation software and a front-panel LCD.
- And doesn’t have the NFC touch-to-print feature.
- Toner cartridge output is low, and ink usage is high.
HOW TO SET UP HP ENVY 5540 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER?
- Unpack the Envy 5540 printer and take out all the printer materials from the box.
- Then, remove all the adhesive tapes from the printer.
- Also, remove the scanner glass by lifting the scanner lid and close it. And take the packing materials from the paper input tray and photo tray.
- Now, Take the power cord and plug it into the electrical socket. Switch on the printer.
- On the control panel, select the language you prefer and the region.
- Lift the cartridge access door, remove the protective tape from the cartridges.
- Then, insert the color HP ENVY 5540 ink cartridges in the left side slots and Black HP ENVY 5540 ink cartridges in the right side slot.
- Make sure that you insert the cartridges correctly. And close the access door.
- Pull the input tray and adjust the paper width to load the papers and close them.
- Now, click done on the LCD screen to print the alignment page.
- Take the alignment page from the Output tray and place the alignment page in the scanner lid.
- Touch OK to scan the page.
- Finally, you will see an alignment successfully message and hit OK.
CONNECTING PRINTER TO THE WIRELESS NETWORK:
- On the LCD screen, you can see a pop-up to connect the Wireless Network. Next, click the More option on the screen.
- Then, touch Manual Setup.
- If you use a USB connection, click the No Network button.
- If you want to connect the printer to the Wireless Network, Click the Network Button.
- Search and touch the Wireless Network name from the list of displayed networks and if your Network is not listed, touch the refresh button.
- Choose your Network and type the valid password. Hit Done.
- Wait till it connects to the Network.
- Touch OK after you see the successful message.
- Then, choose the Printer Update option as you like and follow the prompts directed.
- After completing all the procedure, you’re HP ENVY 5540 printer hardware setup is complete.
HP ENVY 5540 DRIVER AND SOFTWARE INSTALLATION:
There are two methods to install the driver and Software to your Envy 5540. One way is to use the Software CD that came with the printer, and the other one is to download the Driver and Software for the HP ENVY 5540 printer from the HP Support Website. Follow the steps:
USING SOFTWARE CD:
- Take the Software CD and load it into the CD tray on your PC or Laptop.
- Then, click the Prompt to run the CD option.
- Next, click Run to open the installer.
- Choose to go with the CD setup.
- Go with the steps directed and then select the mode of connection, either wireless or USB cable.
- Continue to follow any on-screen prompts that appear to complete the HP Envy 5540 driver and Software installation.
USING HP SUPPORT WEBSITE:
- To begin, open a web browser on your Computer system and navigate to https://support.hp.com/.
- Click the Software and Drivers tab at the top. Then, tap the Printer icon.
- Type your printer model name or number in the box given and click submit.
- Select your system OS version and then download the drivers and Software to your Envy 5540 printer.
- Note: You can either download the Basic driver for printer and scanning or else the Full features Software to get all the access for your HP Envy 5540 All-in-one printer.
- You can find the downloaded driver file at the bottom of your computer screen.
- Open the downloaded file and run the file.
- Follow the prompts directed to choose the connection. Next, select the mode of connection, either wireless or USB cable.
- Keep following the on-screen guidance to finish installing the HP Envy 5540 driver and Software.
- Finally, check whether is printer is added to the system and try to print a test page.
TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS FOR ENVY 5540 PRINTER:
To troubleshoot the printer issues like Printer Offline or Job stuck Printer Setup issue, Scan issue or Wireless Printer issue. Navigate to https://support.hp.com/. Choose the Printer Support image and fix the problem by downloading the .exe file.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from your computer’s download folder.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor, select your printer by clicking Start.
- Turn on your printer and try again if something isn’t showing up.
- And, if you have a connection issue, follow the tool’s instructions.
- Then, if a box appears asking you to turn on printer updates, select Yes and proceed.
- If a dialog box appears with a message stating if you want to make your printer the default printer, select Yes and proceed.
General troubleshooting steps:
- Check whether the printer is turned off or in standby mode. To turn it on or wake it up, press the Power button.
- Ensure that paper is loaded into the input tray and that the paper width guides are gently pressed on the stack’s sides.
- Make sure you have the correct ink or toner cartridges inserted, as well as enough ink or toner in the printer to complete your print job.
- On the printer control panel, make sure there are no error notifications or blinking lights. Before you use the printer, make sure there are no mistakes.
- To clear any error conditions, restart the printer. First, turn the printer off, then wait 30 seconds before turning it back on.
If you need any assistance with HP ENVY 5540 setup, driver, and software installation, don’t hesitate to contact our Printer setup executives.
What kind of ink does the HP ENVY 5540 use?
HP 62 / 62XL black inkjet printer
HP 62 / 62XL black and tricolor HP ENVY 5540 ink cartridges are used in the HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One printer.
What’s the issue with my E going offline all of the time?
The offline printer error can be caused by a weak connection between the printer and the wireless router.
The printer comes to a complete stop and disconnects from the Network.
To fix the offline problem, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility tools.
To fix the problem, reset the printer and router.
Is HP ENVY 5540 printer is compatible with Windows 10?
Here are all the compatible operating systems:
XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only)
Vista, 7,8, 8.1
Mac OS X Lion
OS X Mountain Lion
OS X Mavericks
Does the ENVY 5540 printer works with Google Cloud Print?
Yes, you can print the pictures, pdf, and text documents from my Google Drive and Photos.
Is the HP ENVY 5540 printer supports Bluetooth device?
The HP Envy 5540 printer does not support air print, mobile hotspots, Bluetooth, and cellular data connections.
How to Scan a Document to a Computer?
The HP Printer Assistant will appear when you click on the printer icon.
There is a “Manage Scan to Computer” option under the Scan menu, and select it.
Make sure that Scan to Computer is turned on.
Start to scan the paper you are placed.