HP ENVY 7640, 123.hp.com/envy7640
First Time Setting Up HP Envy 7640 Printer Setup
- To achieve the HP Envy printer setup (123.hp.com/setup) remove the printer out of its packing. Check the package for all the list of items.
- Raise the lid of the scanner and remove the packing tape around it
- Tape and packing material from the clean out area and ink cartridge access area should also be removed
- Remove the packing tape from the paper tray door by extending it and push the paper tray forward until it clicks
- Turn on the printer by plugging it into a power source and set Preferences
- To fully configure the HP Envy printer setup press the down arrow on the control panel to select the language
- Then press the down arrows to select the Set Country/Region
- Press OK after each action
- Pull out the paper tray and the tray extender to load the paper
- The slider width guides can be adjusted to their outermost positions
- After loading and aligning the paper, push the paper tray forward till it clicks into place
- The ink cartridges have to be loaded through the access door which is raised and locked into place
- As the door is raised, the carriage automatically moves to an accessible position
- The carriage has to be idle and silent for the HP Envy printer setup to continue
- After taking the cartridge out of the package, remove the plastic tape from the top of it without touching the ink nozzles
- Lift the lid of the ink cartridge slot, press the cartridge in till it snaps into place
- Repeat the action for other ink cartridges and close the lid to secure the cartridges in their places
- Close the access door of the print cartridge and align the cartridge according to the instructions on the control panel
- After alignment of the ink cartridges the printer prints an alignment page
HP Envy 7640 Google Cloud Print
As a free service, the Google Cloud Print allows you to print documents from any network-enabled device to your HP Envy 7640 printer.
No software or driver download is required for this feature.
To enable Cloud Print:
- Check if your computer has standard browsers and operating systems installed such as Chrome, OS X v10.7, Linux, Windows XP or newer
- Create a Google account
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your device
- Turn the HP Envy 7640 printer on
- Sign in to your Google account from the Chrome browser
- Select Show Advanced Settings in the Settings window
- In the Manage button select Google Cloud Print
- You can Register your device under New devices, where your HP Envy 7640 printer will be listed
- In another case, the printer may also be listed under My devices in which case you just have to choose Manage
To Print a document:
- Open the Chrome browser and Sign in to your Google account
- Click on Print in the Google Cloud Print Jobs
- Then click on Select a file from my computer under Upload a file to Print
- Open the document that you wish to print and click on the print command
HP Envy 7640 Printer Installation
- Once the hardware is setup for printing, the software has to be installed
- The printer software for the HP Envy printer setup is available at 123.hp.com/envy7640
- On the 123.hp.com/envy7640 all you have to do is click on https://www.123hp-com.com/envy7640-driver-download/ and the page will be redirected to the relevant download page.
HP Envy 7640 Smartphone Setup
HP Envy 7640 ePrint Setup
- The 123.hp.com/envy7640 ePrint is a free service that allows printing from any location to your printer.
- An email is sent to the email address assigned to the printer that will enable the web printing services.
- No drivers or software is required
- With the 123.hp.com/setup, installing the web services provides the user with mobile printing.
- The feature allows you to sign in and view the print job status, manage printer queue, and control user access to the printing.
To setup the HP Envy 7640 ePrint:
Connect the computer or mobile device to the internet
Enable Web Services on the HP printer at 123.hp.com/setup
- Press the ePrint button on the printer’s control panel
- Accept the terms and conditions for use
- To enable the web services, follow the on-screen instructions to setup on 123.hp.com/setup
- Print a test page
To find the printer’s email address in 123.hp.com/envy7640
- Press the ePrint button
- In the Web Services Settings menu select Display Email Address
Customizing the email address for the 123.hp.com/setup
- Select the Web Services Settings menu
- Choose Print Info Page – this prints an information page containing the printer code and customization instructions
Turning off ePrint
- To turn off ePrint – From the Web Services Settings menu, select ePrint and then Off