The HP DeskJet 2130 all-in-one printer makes your life easier. With ease, Print, Scan, and copy, you’ll be able to complete more daily tasks than ever before. In addition, you can rely on easy adaptability. With a dependable all-in-one, you can print, scan, and duplicate what you need quickly. A simple HP DeskJet 2130 printer that you can set up in seconds wherever you need it, you can avoid hassles and take on everyday tasks. With simple controls, you can easily set up this HP DeskJet 2130 all-in-one to print, scan, and copy. Save room with the HP DeskJet 2130 printer, which is small enough to fit on your desk, a shelf, or wherever else you need it.
Remove items from your to-do list without having to write an extensive check. Print, scan and copy the documents you require with an all-in-one printer meant to be cost-effective. Using real HP ink cartridges, you can print more for less. With original HP high-yield ink cartridges, you may print up to twice as many pages. The HP DeskJet 2130 all-in-one printer is ENERGY STAR certified, so you can rely on outstanding performance while conserving energy. Reduce your environmental effect even more by recycling your cartridges for free and easily.
Before you scan a file or picture on your HP DeskJet 2130 printer, ensure that the printer setup is complete and the driver and software are installed. If you’re unaware of the printer setup and driver installation, read the article for more information.
HOW TO SET UP THE HP DESKJET 2130 PRINTER?
- Unbox the HP DeskJet 2130 printer and other accessories such as setup manual, 2 HP DJ 2130 ink cartridges, and the power cord from the package.
- Remove all the tapes, protective and packing materials inside and outside the printer. Don’t forget to take the packing materials and tapes from inside the cartridge access door.
- Take the power cord to plug one end to the rear part of the printer and the another to the electrical outlet.
- Press the power button on the HP DJ 2130 printer’s control panel.
- After the printer is powered on, open the DJ 2130 ink cartridge access door to insert the cartridges.
- Remove the HP DeskJet 2130 ink cartridges from the packing and take the protective tape before inserting the cartridges.
- Place the tri-color cartridge on the left slot and the black cartridge on the right slot. And check whether the cartridges are firmly seated in the appropriate slot. Then, close the HP DeskJet 2130 ink cartridges access door.
- Now, raise the input paper tray, which you will find at the back of the printer.
- Adjust the paper width guide to the left as much as possible.
- Load the plain papers into the tray and make sure the papers are not wrinkled or curled.
- Pull out the output tray, which is in the front.
- The printer prints an alignment page automatically after loading the paper.
- When fresh ink cartridges are fitted, the printer prints an alignment page.
- Place the alignment paper on the scanner bed with the print side down, and position it. Then, close the scanner lid.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color buttons.
- If the alignment page is scanned successfully and the HP DeskJet 2130 all-in-one printer hardware setup is complete.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER AND SOFTWARE FOR THE HP DJ 2130 PRINTER?
- Go to support.hp.com/dj2130 and hit the Software and drivers option.
- Next, select the printer and then enter the printer model as HP DeskJet 2130. You will see a list of printers and select the correct printer model.
- On the next screen, download the compatible software file.
- Once the driver file is downloaded to the computer, run the Software file from the download folder.
- Follow the prompts as guided to complete the driver and software installation. In between, you may be prompted to connect the printer to the wireless network and add the printer to the HP network for Printing, Scanning, and copying.
Note: You can also download the HP Smart app for driver and software installation, and you can print, scan, and copy from the mobile device.
HOW TO SCAN A FILE OR IMAGE ON THE HP DESKJET 2130?
Scanning from an HP DeskJet 2130 Printer with HP Scan in your computer:
- HP Scan allows you to scan documents and photos from the HP DJ 2130 to the computer. On the HP DeskJet 2130 printer, lift the scanner lid.
- Place the document or picture you want to scan print side down on the scanner bed.
- Follow the guides or marking on your scanner bed for proper placement.
- Then, close the scanner lid.
- On your desktop, click the Windows button and type the printer model.
- Select your printer from the result and open the HP Printer Assistant.
- From the HP Printer Assistant, click the Print, Scan & fax tab at the top.
- Click the scan tab and then click Scan a document or photo.
- Select the Scan shortcut for the task you are performing.
- You can change any desired settings in the drop-down menu on the right side of the dialog box.
- Click the Check box next to the show scan preview or show viewer after Scan.
- Click Scan, and a preview of the Scan opens.
- If necessary, double-click the thumbnail picture of the scanned item to make additional changes.
- Click the Save button and select the folder where you want to save the Scan and change the file name.
- Finally, the document or image is scanned and saved to the computer.
Scan from your mobile device to your HP DJ 2130 printer using HP Smart:
- If the HP Smart is not installed yet, download the HP smart app from the iPhone app store or google play store. Instead, you can also download the app by visiting 123.hp.com.
- After the HP Smart app is downloaded, add the HP DeskJet 2130 printer to the HP network by clicking the Add printer option or the plus (+).
- If necessary, create an HP account or sign in to the existing HP account.
Using Camera Scan option:
- Touch the Camera Scan tile on the HP Smart app.
- Place the document pr photo on a flat surface on a solid, contrasting surface.
- Place the light-colored document on the dark surface or a dark-colored photo on a light surface.
- Tap photo or document or batch mode before you capture the photo.
- Then, hold the device over the document or photo you wish to scan and tap the capture button to scan.
- Adjust the boundaries and click Next.
- Press the +Add button you can add additional pages to the scan job
- Before you scan the document, you can also use the edit menu to crop, change color, rotate, and add filters.
- Finally, print your Scan or send it as an email attachment, or save it to your device or cloud account.
Wireless Scanning using HP Smart App:
- Place the print paper or photo you want to scan in the scanner lid after opening.
- Then, open the HP Smart app and tap the Printer Scan tile.
- To begin scanning, press the blue-colored button on the next screen.
- Then, you may print, share, or save the document using the options at the bottom.
Do you still have any confusion in scanning documents or images in HP DeskJet 2130 printer? Don’t hesitate to contact our printer executives for quick and instant resolution. Call us right away. We are here to assist you!!!
1. What is the procedure for scanning a document from HP DeskJet 2130 printer to my computer?
- Follow the scanner instructions to scan each document to your computer or USB device using your HP DJ 2130 printer.
- Most scanners involve only pressing a Scan button or opening a scanning application on your computer and selecting a scan command.
2. Why is it that my HP printer refuses to scan to my computer?
- Can sometimes resolve Scanning and printing troubles by turning the printer off and on.
- This is referred to as power cycling, and it can be used to reset a scanner’s configuration parameters. Next, unplug the printer’s cable and turn it off.
- Then, around 10 to 20 minutes later, plug the printer back in and turn it on.
3. On my HP DeskJet 2130, how do I scan a document?
- Place the original on the scanner glass of the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, select the Scan tile.
- After modifying the scan job type, size, color, and resolution settings and then click the Scan option.
4. Where can I find the Scan button on the HP DeskJet 2130?
- On the control panel of the Deskjet printer, press the Scan button.
- You can now select your preferred scan type and wait for the Scan to finish.
- Return to the computer screen and look in the Scan folder for the scanned files.
5. How can I uninstall the HP DJ 2130 printer scanner software?
- Disconnect the HP ScanJet scanner’s cables.
- Then select Control Panel from the Start menu. The Control Panel will appear on the screen.
- Select Precision scan and hit Change or Remove after double-clicking Add or Remove Programs.
- To remove the Precision scan and all of its components, select Yes.
- On the shared files warning screen, select Yes to All.
- To close the Control Panel window, click OK.
6. How do I get my HP DeskJet 2130 printer to scan again?
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows. Mac: Use HP Smart’s Diagnose & Fix.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from your computer’s download folder.
- After that, the HP Print and Scan Doctor is open. Select your printer by clicking Start.
- If your printer isn’t showing up, turn it on and try again.
- Fix Scanning by clicking the button.