The HP DeskJet 2600 is a multi-function printer, which prints, scans, and performs other tasks. The HP Desktop Series 2600 is the ideal Printer to use for some very basic printing needs. In comparison to other HP printers and other brands, it has a reasonable price point. This HP DeskJet’s 2600 elegant design means it only looks good. It appears clean and modern on the store shelf and would look great in any house or business. There’s also a variety of colors to add some variety.
The Printer appears to be and is pretty simple to use, with only a few buttons on the side that are personalized. For the first time, you can connect your phone and print a picture quickly and conveniently. The Printer is Wi-Fi enabled, allowing for printing over a direct Wi-Fi connection. It will enable you to print a photo or document from your phone by connecting to the internet via Wi-Fi. You can also use a cable to connect to the Printer. On the other hand, as convenient as it is to connect to the printer over Wi-Fi.
HOW TO SET UP A HP DESKJET 2600 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER PRINTER FOR THE FIRST TIME?
- Open the package and take out the setup poster, user guide, power cord, USB cable(if provided), and the HP DeskJet 2600 ink cartridges, both black and tri-color, from the box.
- Then, remove the printer from the box with care and place it on a table or flat surface.
- Next, remove the plastic and blue tapes around the HP DeskJet 2600 series printer.
- Open the output tray in the front and then the HP DJ 2600 ink cartridges access door. Inside the ink cartridge access area, remove all the tapes and packing materials.
- Close the HP DJ 2600 ink cartridge access door and then the paper output tray.
- Take the power cord with the printer and connect it to the HP DeskJet 2600 printer rear side and another end to the electrical socket.
- To turn on the HP DJ 2600 series printer, gently press the power button on the control panel.
- Now, open the paper output tray and the HP DeskJet 2600 ink cartridges access door to insert the cartridges.
- Then, remove both the ink cartridges from the package and eliminate the orange protective tape carefully.
- Insert the black cartridges on the right and tri-color on the left slot. While inserting, ensure that the HP DeskJet 2600 ink cartridges are seated correctly to avoid unnecessary errors.
- Close the ink cartridges access door. The HP DeskJet 2600 series printer recognizes the setup cartridges and prepares the printer with the new ink.
- Lift the paper input tray at the printer’s rear side and raise it until it is locked.
- Then, slide the paper width guide towards the left as much as possible and load the white papers into the paper tray without bending it.
- Open the tray extender from the output tray.
- Once the HP DeskJet 2600 series printer is installed on a device, it prints five print jobs and the alignment page.
- For best quality printing, complete the alignment process. Lift the scanner lid and put the alignment paper on the scanner bed by following the marking as a guide. And close the scanner lid.
- Finally, press the Start copy color button on the control panel to scan the alignment paper if the alignment page scan is successful when the HP DeskJet 2600 printer is idle and silent.
- The hardware setup for the printer is completed.
HOW TO INSTALL HP DESKJET 2600 PRINTER DRIVER AND SOFTWARE?
- To begin, turn on the Printer and go to HP’s official help page at support.hp.com.
- Next, go to the Software and Drivers section.
- Then, from the list that appears, key in the model number and choose your printer model. Finally, click the Submit button.
- After reviewing the OS and driver details, select the compatible driver and software, then click Download.
- Then, execute the .exe file that you downloaded from the website.
- Then, to open the downloaded file, double-click it. And then, continue to follow the directions as instructed to complete the driver installation process.
HOW TO CONNECT HP DESKJET 2600 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER TO WI-FI NETWORK USING THE HP SMART APP?
- To begin the process, turn on the Printer and press the Wi-Fi button on the control panel.
- On your mobile device, open the Wi-Fi option and select the HP printer from the list.
- If it prompts you to enter the password of your Wi-Fi network, please enter it.
- Go back to the home page of your mobile device, and open the HP Smart app. If the app is not installed, download it from the app store or play store.
- Once you open the app, it will automatically detect the Wi-Fi network and type the valid password of your network.
- Wait till the HP DeskJet 2600 printers connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Once it is connected, it may request you to log in to the HP account and create a new one. You can skip the steps when it asks to subscribe for instant ink.
- It prompts to send a print job to the printer via email. Once the print job is successfully printed, the HP DeskJet 2600 Wi-Fi setup is complete.
HOW TO CONNECT THE HP DESKJET 2600 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER TO AN ANDROID USING WI-FI DIRECT?
Print from Android directly to an HP DeskJet 2600 printer without a Wireless network using Wi-Fi Direct and the HP Print Service Plugin. Follow these steps :
- Please turn on your HP DJ 2600 printer or press the cancel button to wake it from sleep mode.
- To print the Wi-Fi direct information, you can choose any of these methods:
- But, first, press the information button on the control.
- Or else, press the Wireless and Information button simultaneously.
- Otherwise, press the Resume button for ten seconds or simultaneously press the cancel and resume button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Now, the HP DeskJet 2600 printer prints the Wi-Fi direct details with the name and password.
- If the Wi-Fi Direct status is Off, follow these instructions:
- Then, on your Android device, download the HP Print Service Plugin app from the google play store.
- The service turns on automatically in many android versions. If it is not enabled, click the notification and turn it on manually.
- Then, open the document or image that you wish to print and click the Print option.
- Now, expand the Wi-Fi Direct option and choose your Wi-Fi direct name. If prompts, select the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions.
- Within 60 seconds, go near the HP DeskJet 2600 printer and press the Information button.
- And then, adjust the printing settings and hit the print option or print icon.
- Finally, collect the printout from the output tray.
HOW TO CONNECT THE HP DESKJET 2600 PRINTER TO A WIRELESS NETWORK ON YOUR IPHONE OR IPAD?
Apple iPhone and iPad have a built-in printing option called AirPrint. Confirm that your HP DJ 2600 printer and Apple device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on on your Apple device and that the name of your local Wi-Fi network has a checkmark next to it.
- If you are already connected to another network, tap the name you want to join.
- To generate the test report, press the Wireless and Information buttons or the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons. The network connection status is printed on a Wireless Test Report.
- The printer connection status must be Ready or Connected. If not, follow the guidelines below to connect your Printer to the network.
- Wait for the Wireless light to blink after pressing and holding the Wireless button and Cancel buttons simultaneously till the power button light blinks.
- Hold down the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on the router within two hours or until the connection process begins.
- When the connection is complete, the Printer’s Wireless light stops blinking.
- Ensure that the HP DeskJet 2600 printer is turned on, that the cartridges are installed, and that the paper you want to print on is loaded into the appropriate paper tray.
- Tap the Share icon after opening the document or picture you want to print.
- Tap the Print option or the icon.
- Modify the print settings such as paper size, number of copies, or page range after selecting your Printer. The options you have depend on the app you are printing from, the type of print job you are doing, and your Printer.
- Tap Print.
- Finally, the document will be printed successfully.
HOW TO CONNECT HP DESKJET 2600 TO WI-FI WITHOUT WPS PIN?
- To begin, power the HP DeskJet 2600 Printer on.
- On the printer control panel, press the Wireless Button.
- Your Printer’s Wi-Fi Blue light will then begin to blink.
- You may connect your HP DeskJet 2600 Printer to Wi-Fi without using the WPS Pin by using the blinking blue light.
- Next, go near your Wi-Fi router and look for the WPS Button on the front or back.
- Hold down the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router for five seconds once you have found it.
- Your HP DeskJet 2600 printer will now connect to your wireless network without the need for a WPS pin.
- After that, install the most recent HP printer drivers to access all of the Printer’s functions.
- The Solid wireless Blue Light will indicate that it is connected to your Wi-Fi.
HOW TO CONNECT HP DESKJET 2600 PRINTER TO WI-FI WITH WPS PIN?
- On the HP DJ 2600 printer control panel, press the Wireless Button.
- The wireless blue light will begin to blink.
- Now go to any browser and type in the router’s IP address.
- (For example, 192.168.0.1)
- It will now prompt you to input the router’s username and password.
- Enter the requested information and click OK.
- Now go to the router’s browser page and click on Wireless options.
- On the router page, you will find an 8-digit WPS pin.
- Copy the WPS pin and paste it into the WPS pin field on the popup screen.
- The HP DeskJet 2600 printer will connect to Wi-Fi when you enter the WPS pin.
- If the Printer connects to Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi light on the control panel stops blinking.
Would you please not hesitate to contact our support executives if you need any assistance regarding HP DeskJet 2600 printer Wi-Fi setup? Dial the phone on the screen right away for instant assistance.
1. Why can’t the HP DeskJet 2600 printer connect to Wi-Fi?
Troubleshoot Network Connection Issues with HP Wireless Printers:
- Turn your Printer and router off. Unplug all the cables.
- Plug it again after some time has passed.
- Try to uninstall and reinstall the most recent printer software update.
- To find solutions, do a network connectivity test report.
- To troubleshoot the problem, install the HP printer Diagnostic tool for the official HP support page.
2. Why isn’t the HP DJ 2600 printer able to connect to my Wi-Fi network?
- Check whether the HP DJ 2600 Printer is turned on or if it has power.
- To use your HP Printer, connect it to your laptop, computer or any other devices.
- Check the papers in the Printer, as well as the printer queue.
- Connect your device to the network, change the security settings to include printers.
- And install the latest drivers and software to resolve this issue.
3. Why isn’t my HP Deskjet 2600 printing?
- Check any jammed paper with a flashlight and remove it.
- Also, after opening the carriage’s access door, look inside for any stuck paper bits.
- Make sure the ink cartridges are in the right spot.
- Replace the ink cartridges that are low or empty.
4. How can I activate my HP DJ 2600 printer?
- Select Control Panel, then Devices and Printers from the Start menu in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Select the See what’s printed option from the context menu when you right-click the Printer in question.
- Choose the HP DJ 2600 Printer from the menu at the top of the window that appears.
- Choose the Use Printer Online option to get the printer back to online.
5. Is the HP DeskJet 2600 a scanner, and what kind of ink does it use?
- The HP DeskJet 2600 is a great first-time All-in-One printer.
- It allows you to print and scan without using a cord to connect the Printer to your computer.
- HP DeskJet 2600 printer uses HP 65 and 65XL black and tricolor ink cartridges.