HP DESKJET 2655: FEATURES, SETUP, DRIVER, AND SOFTWARE INSTALLATION AND, WIRELESS SETUP
The HP DeskJet 2655 is a compact all-in-one printer. With HP DeskJet 2655, the most economical wireless all-in-one printer to date, you can save time and money. With its straightforward setup and easy printing from mobile devices, the HP DeskJet 2655 printer reduces the difficulties of everyday printing. Print from a wide range of smartphones and tablets with ease. With a simple setup from your smartphone or tablet, you can get connected and start printing right away. Save up to 50% on ink and never run out with the most cost-effective printing method. With a wireless HP DeskJet all-in-one small printer, you can print, copy, and scan while saving money and space. When the output tray is closed, it saves space, reduces jams, and can hold up to 25 sheets.
The HP DeskJet 2655 printer has two aspects: it is compact and attractive. Even though the HP DeskJet 2655 is a low-cost printer, it has a smooth and stylish design that gives it a classy and elegant feel. The white and blue color combination gives it a modern look that makes it appear more expensive. The scanning bed on the top of the rectangular machine allows you to scan paper, photographs, and other documents with ease. The HP DeskJet 2655 printer control panel on the left side can assist you in operating and managing the printer.
KEY FEATURES OF HP DESKJET 2655:
- The speed varies based on the documents you’re printing.
- The black and white document takes 8 seconds to print on paper, indicating that this printer can print 7.5 pages per minute.
- This printer can print up to 5.5 pages per minute in black and white standard mode.
Media types and sizes:
- With the HP DeskJet 2655 printer, creative printing ideas have never been more accessible.
- It prints on a variety of media kinds and sizes with the HP DeskJet 2655 printer.
- It works with various media sizes, ranging from 3.5 x 5 inches to 8.5 x 11 inches.
- You can also use labels, greeting cards, envelopes, plain paper, and photo paper.
Connectivity and Software:
- Wi-Fi and USB 2.0 are included in the DeskJet 2655’s standard interface.
- The Wi-Fi connection allows you to connect the printer to other suitable devices like tablets and smartphones, while the USB connection ensures a secure connection to your computer.
Low-Yield Ink Cartridges:
- The HP DeskJet 2655 uses conventional four-ink cartridges, including one black and one tri-color cartridge (CMY).
- The HP 65 black ink tank can print up to 100 pages on paper, while the color ink tank can print 120 pages.
- Low starting price
- Design that is both stylish and lightweight
- Excellent print quality
- Running costs are high.
- There are no smart assistants available.
- Monochrome display on a small scale
- Tray capacity is limited.
HP DESKJET 2655 PRINTER SETUP PROCEDURE:
- Take out the HP DeskJet 2655 printer and other accessories such as power cord, user manual, USB cables, and HP 2655 ink cartridges from the box.
- Remove all the plastic and adhesive tapes around the printer.
- Then, open the output tray and then the HP ink 2655 cartridges access door.
- Inside the cartridge’s access area, remove the packing materials.
- Now, close the cartridge access door first and then the output tray.
- Grab the power cord to connect the printer and the other end to the wall outlet.
- Then, power on the HP DeskJet 2655 printer.
- Open the output tray and then the HP 2655 ink cartridges access door.
- Remove both the ink cartridges from the package and pull the protective tapes.
- Place the Tri-color HP 2655 ink cartridge on the left slot and the black cartridge on the right slot.
- Then, close the ink cartridge door and the output tray.
- Lift the input paper tray to raise it to its locked position and then slide the paper width guide to its outermost position.
- Load the plain papers into the input tray.
- Then, open the output tray and tray extender to collected the printed paper.
- After installing the printer on your computer or device, it prints five print jobs and an alignment page.
- Now, place the alignment page on the scanner bed and press the start copy color button on the printer’s control panel to scan the page.
- The alignment process is complete when the HP 2655 printer is idle and silent, and the ready light is lit.
- Finally, the HP DeskJet hardware setup is complete.
HP DESKJET 2655 DRIVER AND SOFTWARE INSTALLATION:
USING SOFTWARE CD ATTACHED WITH THE PRINTER:
- Place the Software CD in the CD drive of your computer or laptop.
- Then, to execute the CD option, click Prompt.
- To start the installer, click Run.
- Alternatively, you can use the CD setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then choose between a Wi-Fi or USB cable connection.
- To complete the HP DeskJet 2655 driver and software installation, continue to follow any on-screen prompts that appear.
USING HP SUPPORT WEBSITE:
- To get started, open your computer’s web browser and go to https://support.hp.com/.
- At the top, select the Software and Drivers tab. Then, on the left, tap the Printer icon.
- In the box provided, type the name or number of your printer model and click submit.
- Select your operating system version, and then download the HP DeskJet 2655 printer’s drivers and software.
- Note:To get full access to your HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One printer, you can either download the Basic driver for printing and scanning or the Full features Software.
- You can find thedownloaded driver and software file at the bottom of your system’s
- Run the downloaded file after it has been opened.
- To select a connection, follow the on-screen prompts. Next, choose between a Wi-Fi or a USB cable connection.
- To finish installing the HP DeskJet 2655 driver and software, follow the on-screen procedures.
- Finally, verify that the printer has been added to the system and print a test page.
CONNECT HP DESKJET 2655 PRINTER TO WI-FI AND STEPS TO INSTALL SOFTWARE:
- To begin the process, make sure that the printer is powered on.
- Now, hold the Wi-Fi button on the control panel for 3 to 5 seconds until the blue light starts to flash.
- Then, in your Wi-Fi router press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button for 3 to 5 seconds.
- And then turn on your laptop or computer to go to the 123.hp.com/setup.
- Click the Download button to download the software and driver for your printer.
- Now, run the downloaded software file and follow the prompts as directed.
- Complete all the procedures and finally, your HP DeskJet 2655 printer is connected to the Wi-Fi Network.
CONNECT HP DESKJET 2655 PRINTER TO YOUR ANDROID DEVICE OR IPHONE USING WI-FI DIRECT:
- Power on your printer and press the Wi-Fi button.
- Now, in the printer’s control panel, you will see the Wi-Fi symbol activated.
- To get the password for the printer, press and hold the Wi-Fi button and information button simultaneously.
- Then, you will get the HP Network Configuration page printed.
- Under the Wi-Fi Direct column, the Wi-Fi Direct password and other details will be listed.
- Next, it’s time to connect the Wi-Fi to your Android or iPhone device.
- On the Android or iPhone device, turn on the Wi-Fi button.
- Check whether the printer name displays and select the printer name.
- And then, enter the correct Wi-Fi Direct password from the HP Network Configuration page.
- Now, your printer is successfully connected to the mobile device.
TO PRINT OR SCAN USING THE HP SMART APP:
- After the Android or iPhone device to the HP DeskJet 2655 Wi-Fi Direct, download the HP Smart application from the Apple app store or Google play store.
- Open the app and click the plus(+) button at the top to add the printer to the HP Smart app.
- On the next screen, you will view the printer name. Select it.
- It will be automatically added to the app, or you can click the Add printer button.
- Finally, the printer is added to the network, and you can print the document, photos and scan the files using the options given.
INSTALL THE HP DESKJET 2655 PRINTER TO A WINDOWS COMPUTER USING A USB CABLE:
Note: Before you install your printer, make sure it is set up and powered on. If the computer and printer are connected using a USB cable. Disconnect the USB cable until it prompts the installation.
- On your computer, navigate to 123.hp.com/setup and click download.
- Now, the HP Easy Start file is downloaded. Open the downloaded file.
- And then, connect the USB wire to the computer and HP DeskJet 2655 printer.
- At the agreement screen, review the license agreements and statements and then select the check box. Click Continue.
- The Software detects your printer. If your printer is not listed, tap the My printer is Not Shown button.
Note: You can also download the Software and drivers from support.hp.com’s official site.
Then, follow the procedures to complete the Software and driver’s installation using the USB cable.
INSTALL THE HP DESKJET 2655 PRINTER TO A MAC OS USING A USB CABLE:
- Connect your printer and MAC using the USB cable.
- Next, open a browser and navigate to 123.hp.com/setup.
- Then, click the Software download file. Open the file downloaded and select the check box to agree on the agreement and privacy policies.
- Follow the prompts as directed to select your HP DeskJet 2655 printer. If the printer is not listed, check whether the USB cable is connected firmly.
- Then, choose to connect with the USB cable and follow the procedures to complete the computer and HP 2655 printer using a USB connection.
- Now, you are printer-ready to print, scan, copy the file and photos from your computer.
TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TO RESOLVE“PRINTER IN ERROR STATE” ERROR:
- Ensure that the printer is switched on. Then, both the printer and the PC can be restarted.
- Check to see if your printer is connected to your computer or your wireless network.
- Make sure your printer’s paper tray is loaded and that there is good HP 2655 ink in the printer.
TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS FOR ERROR“BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND”:
- You can delete all information in the computer’s memory by executing a hard reset. This causes the system to re-establish the hard drive’s connection to the BIOS.
- BIOS Setup: Restoring the BIOS default settings in the BIOS Setup section is another option. Restart your computer after the reset and see whether the error persists.
- Hard Drive Test: Run either a quick or comprehensive test with HP PC Hardware Diagnostics, then check the issue record.
TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS WHEN BLACK OR COLOR HP DESKJET 2655 INK IS NOT PRINTING:
- Remove the HP DeskJet 2655 Printer from your computer.
- Go to support.hp.com/ and download the most recent HP DeskJet 2655 software for your printer.
- Check to see if the files can be printed.
- Then, replace any HP 2655 ink cartridges that have run out or are low on ink.
- Check that the ink cartridges for the HP DeskJet 2655 are properly vented and seated.
Check Printing settings in Windows:
- Select the file or photo to be printed, press the print button, and the printer windows will appear.
- Select the properties option in the printer dialogue box.
- Depending on your print job, you can change the following settings on the HP 2655 ink cartridges:
Paper Size: If you’re printing on a different paper size than usual, double-check that you’ve selected the correct one.
Grayscale: If you want to print in black and white, go with the grayscale option.
Paper Type: Choose the sort of photo paper you want to use if you’re printing on picture paper.
Print Quality: If the quality of your printouts isn’t up to par, work to improve it. To speed up the printing process, lower the print quality. The modes of Best, Normal, and Draft are all excellent choices.
After you have picked your print choices, click OK to save them before clicking Print.
Check Printing settings in MAC OS X:
- To bring up the printer windows, choose the document and then press the print button.
- Then select Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality from the menus.
- Depending on your print job, you can change the following settings:
Quality: If you’re unhappy with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To speed up the printing process, lower the print quality.
Paper Type: If one of the selections perfectly matches your paper type, select it.
To save your settings for future print jobs, go to the Presets menu, select Save, and then give the new preset a name.
If any assistance is needed with HP DeskJet 2655 printer setup and troubleshooting steps, don’t hesitate to contact our Printer tech team for instant resolution.
1. Is the HP DeskJet 2655 a laser printer or a non-laser printer?
Furthermore, the HP DeskJet 2655 prints at a rate of up to 7.5 pages per minute in black, equivalent to laser printers. The resolution is something of a marvel because it’s a color printer with photo printing capabilities.
2. Which cartridges are compatible with the HP DeskJet 2655?
Original HP 65 and HP 65XL ink cartridges are compatible with your HP DeskJet 2655 printer. Original HP N9K01AN, N9K02AN, N9K03AN, N9K04AN, T0A36AN ink cartridges are the only ones that can give you the results your printer was designed to provide you with.
3. Is it possible to print photographs with the HP DeskJet 2655?
The HP 2655 printer works with all of the paper types used in a typical home office and delivers high-quality color printouts. You can print on both letter and legal paper, and the printer also accepts direct feed 10 envelopes. In addition, it can print images in sizes of 4×6, 5×7, and 8×10.
4. On an HP Deskjet 2655, how do I scan?
Load the paper on the scanner glass of the HP DeskJet 2655 printer by opening the scanner lid. Next, close the cover of the scanner. Next, select the name of your Windows or Mac computer and click the sort of scan you require for printers with a Scan button. Allow time for the scanning procedure to complete.
5. Why has my HP 2655 printer stopped working all of a sudden?
You must confirm that your HP printer has sufficient paper, ink, or toner and is not jammed. Next, check your printer cartridge’s status and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. In some cases, replacing parts on your HP printer may cause it to stop printing.