With HP DeskJet GT 5820, get high-volume printing in a way you have never seen before. HP GT 5820 printing innovation provides you with a high-capacity ink tank system that allows you to print wirelessly and at a cheap cost per page. In addition, you will get the HP reliability you have come to expect. With this high-capacity ink tank system, you may print large volumes at a cheap cost per page. With high-capacity ink tanks, it prints like never before. You can easily apply more ink as needed. Print from a wide range of devices such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets with ease. With HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer’s unique spill-free refill technology, replenishing ink is quick and straightforward. You can easily view the system status and the number of copies you’re printing on the icon display.
With copy and scan functions, you can get the features you need for business and other tasks. With the simple setup from your smartphone, tablet, or PC, you can start printing and connecting right away. Connect your mobile device straight to your printer to print without needing to connect to the internet. With the free HP mobile app, you can manage printing chores and scan on the go. ColorLok papers produce crisper lines, darker blacks, and less blurring in ordinary documents. Original HP DeskJet GT 5820 inks have long-lasting color photographs that are resistant to water and fading. Streamline your processes. Can easily monitor ink levels, and Original HP GT 5820 ink may be refilled whenever you desire.
HOW TO SET UP MY HP DESKJET GT 5820 PRINTER?
Step 1: Unbox the HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer
- Remove the printer and all tape, stickers, and packing items from the box.
- Remove the tape and packaging material from under the printhead access door by opening the front door and the printhead access door.
- Then, close the printhead door and the front door once all the packaging items have been removed.
- Connect the power cord to the HP GT 5820 printer’s back and then to an electrical outlet on the other end. Next, turn the HP GT 5820 printer on. It takes around 15 seconds for the printer to turn on.
Step 2: Fill the HP GT 5820 Printer’s Ink Tank
- Ensure that the ink valve is unlocked.
- After opening the ink tank lid, remove the cap from the first ink tank.
- Note: Make sure the ink is placed in the correct tanks.
- After that, remove the ink bottle’s cap and pull the seal to remove it.
- Place the cap on the ink bottle and tighten it, then turn it upside down.
- Set the ink bottle on top of the tank’s spout. Should not squeeze the ink bottle
- Pull the ink bottle straight up when the ink tank has been full.
- After that, place the ink tank’s cap and make your it’s fixed properly.
- Fill the otherHP GT 5820 ink tanks in the same way.
- Finally, close the lid.
Step 3: Insert the printheads
- Remove the printheads from the packing and pull the orange tape to remove it.
- Open the front door and then the printhead access door.
- Gently push down on the blue printhead carriage latch to open it.
- Place thetri-color printhead into the left slot and the black printhead into the right slot.
- And then, close the blue latch by pushing down firmly and the interior access door.
- The letter P blinks on the control panel. Then, close the front door.
Step 4: Load the paper
- Move the input tray to a higher position.
- Slide the width guide to the left as much as possible.
- Load the input tray with plain paper.
- Extend the tray extender after pulling out the output tray.
Step 5: Print the Alignment Page
- Hold down the Resume button on the HP GT 5820 printer control panel for 3 to 5 seconds.
- The blinking P turns into a blinking A, the alignment process begins.
- The printer prints an alignment page.
- Lift the scanner’s lid.
- After placing the alignment page on the scanner bed, and close the scanner lid.
- Press the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black button on the control panel.
- When the rotating lines stop spinning, and a 0 appears on the control panel, priming is complete. complete.
Step 6: Install the HP DeskJet GT 5820 Driver and Software
- Visit support.hp.com and hit the Software and Driver image.
- Then, choose the printer model as HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One Printer series.
- Next, find the suitable driver and software for your printer.
- Then, download it and run the File.
- As instructed on the screen, follow the directions.
- You will now be prompted to select a connection method during the installation process (Wired or Wireless).
- Please click on your desired mode to pick it.
- To finish installing the GT 5820 driver, follow the on-screen wizard’s instructions.
- To check that the HP DeskJet GT 5820 driver and software are installed correctly, print a test page.
HOW TO SCAN DOCUMENTS AND IMAGES IN MY HP DESKJET GT 5820 PRINTER WITH HP SCAN?
HP Scan allows you to scan images and documents from HP printers. HP Scan is installed automatically with the Full-Featured driver software for many printers. Let’s begin to Scan a document using HP Scan:
- Lift the Scanner lid on the HP GT 5820 printer.
- Then, place the page which you want to scan on the scanner bed. Use the guide marking on the scanner bed for proper placement. And close the Scanner lid.
- On your computer, to open the Windows menu, tap the Windows icon.
- And then, type the printer’s model name and select the resultant option.
- Now, the HP printer Assistance opens.
- On the HP Printer Assistance screen, choose the Print & Scan tab.
- And then, tap the Scan tab and select the Scan a Document or photo option.
- Next, select the Scan shortcut and change the settings in the drop-down menus.
- To preview the scanned document or image, click the checkbox.
- If you want, click the Advanced setting or more option to change the other settings.
- Then, hit the Scan button.
- A preview of the Scan opens, and double-click the Image to make additional changes.
- Finally, click the Save button to save the Scanned Image and document in the desired folder.
HOW TO SCAN IMAGES AND DOCUMENTS WITH MY HP DESKJET GT 5820 IN MAC OS?
HP Easy Scan or Apple Preview to scan documents and images from HP printer in Mac OS.
Scan using HP Easy Scan:
- HP Easy Scan app comes with the HP driver from 123.hp.com or the app store.
- On your HP GT 5820 printer, place the document or image on the scanner bed and close the scanner lid.
- On your Mac, open the HP Easy Scan app.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer.
- Under the Preset menu, select the scan job type and then click the Scan button.
- To scan additional pages, click the Scan Next Item button on the dialog box. Otherwise, click Done.
- Click the thumbnail of the image and edit it if you need.
- And then, hit the send option and choose a folder.
- You can rename the scanned File and choose the location where you want to save it. Then, click the Save button. The Scanned document or Image saves your device.
Scan using Apple Image Capture:
- Apple Image Capture is the built-in macOS software.
- Load the document or Image to scan on the scanner bed.
- On your macOS device, click the launchpad icon and type Image capture. Select the resultant option.
- In the Image Captured screen, select your printer name.
- Sometimes, it may prompt your to install the software. Click install and complete the installation by following the instruction.
- Then, click Show Details to change the scan settings.
- After that, Hit the Scan button to scan and save the document or image to your device.
HOW TO SCAN IMAGES AND DOCUMENTS FROM MY HP DESKJET GT 5820 PRINTER TO A DESKTOP USING HP SMART?
- First, place the document or photo on the Scanner bed and close the lid.
- Open the HP Smart App or download the app from the Microsoft Store or App Store. Download the HP Smart app by visiting the 123.hp.com site.
- By following the directions as instructed, set up the printer and create an HP Account. If you’re an existing user, sign in to the account.
- When you see the Printer status as Ready, hit the Scan tile.
- Click the Get started option to proceed to scan.
- In the scan window, you can change the auto-enhancement and settings such as the phototype or document.
- After all the changes are done, Select the Scan option.
- The preview window displays and you can add another page to your Scan, reorder multi-page Scan or change the file name or type or use the edit option for more setting options.
- Select the Print, or Save, or Share option at the bottom. Then, tap Save to save the document on the PC.
- After saving the scan job, tap the OK button on the dialog box.
HOW TO SCAN IMAGES AND DOCUMENTS USING AN ANDROID DEVICE CAMERA USING THE HP SMART APP?
- Capturing with your mobile device camera requires a minimum of five-megapixel and auto-focus capability.
- Select the document or picture that you want to capture and place it on the flat surface.
- On your Android device, open the HP Smart app if it is installed already. If not, download it from the google play store or visit 123.hp.com.
- Add the printer to the HP network, create an HP account, or log in to the existing account.
- Once the printer status set up is complete and the status is Ready.
- Hit the Camera Icon on the HP Smart app or click the Camera Scan option.
- Now, focus the camera on capturing the document or picture as close as possible.
- Touch the Camera icon to capture the photo or document.
- If you want to recapture the Image, tap the retry button. And take another photo.
- Hit OK if you’re satisfied with the Image. Then, on the next screen, adjust the borders and click Next.
- To capture any additional pages, tap the additional pages icon.
- You can edit it, rename or save it as a pdf or jpg File before you save it.
- Once all the editing process is complete, Save the File to your device or print it or share the scanned document through cloud or email services.
HOW TO PRINT A TEST PAGE ON MY HP DESKJET GT 5820 PRINTER?
- Make sure the input tray is full of white paper.
- Hold down the Power button for 2 to 5 seconds and press the Cancel button.
- Release both Cancel and Power buttons at the same time.
- The test page prints and collect it from the output tray.
- To print the Printer Status report, hold down the cancel button for 3 seconds. Then, take out the report from the output tray to check the product information, scan settings, and connectivity settings.
WHAT TO DO WHEN THE HP DESKJET GT 5820 PRINTER IS NOT SCANNING?
- To begin, unplug the printer’s USB cable if one is present.
- Select the Programs and Features option from the Control Panel.
- Select and uninstall all HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer entries now.
- Then, in the Control panel, select Devices and Printers or Printers and scanners. After that, pick all of the printer listings and then uninstall the device.
- Press the “windows key” + “r” to get the Run window open – Type “printui.exe /s” and press enter.
- Note: Leavespace between .exe & /.
- Go to drivers in the print server properties to remove any entries there as well.
- Again, type “c:/programdata” in the Run window.
- Then, go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer-related folders & files.
- Restart your PC.
- Now go to support.hp.com to install the latest software.
- If prompted, connect the USB cable and complete the installation by following the directions.
- After the software installation is complete, try to scan a document or photo.
If you want to know more information about scanning the document or images from your HP DeskJet GT 5820 printer, and if you are facing any issue with the printer, reach out to our printer executives right away. The executives are friendly, and you don’t need to hesitate to ask questions about the HP printers. Dial the phone number on the screen.
Why won’t my HP printer scan but print in Mac OS?
- If your HP printer is printing but not scanning, you may have a driver problem.
- Remove any old printer drivers that are currently installed on your device as the first step.
- Run the Apple Software Updater after that.
- Restart your computer and printer after the driver and software updates.
How can I scan to PDF from my HP DeskJet 5820 printer?
- Open the lid, then place the document or photo you want to scan on the scanner’s glass. And close the scanner lid.
- To access your scanner’s PDF option, go to Scan Settings, then Scan Settings and Preferences, then Scan Document Settings.
- Choose Save to file from the drop-down menu next to the Scan to option.
- Select PDF (*.pdf) from the drop-down menu next to File type.
- To scan a document or a photograph, press the Scan button.
- To modify the settings, click the Scan Document Setting option.
- Save the File in the specified location by clicking the Save to file Save Options button.
What is the procedure for resetting my HP GT 5820 printer?
- Select Printers & Scanners, Print & Scan, or Print & Fax tab.
- Now, right-click anywhere on the Printer screen and select Reset printing system from the menu.
- Click OK or Reset to return to the previous state.
- This will begin the HP DeskJet 5820 printer’s reset process.
Why won’t my HP DeskJet 5820 print?
- The failure to print black ink is caused by emptying the black ink cartridge and changes to the print settings.
- Clean the tricolor ink cartridge’s ink nozzle with a cloth first.
- Push the color ink cartridge downwards to remove it from its slot.
How can I set up my HP 5820 printer for wireless printing?
- Make that the printer’s power button light is on and the Wi-Fi light is blinking.
- If the power button light is dull, press it once more until it brightens.
- Select Wireless from the connection choices screen, connect to the printer wirelessly and then click Next.