HP Envy 4500 Won’t Print From Computer
Printing from the computer to the HP Envy 4500 and HP Envy 4501 could cause an issue if the driver is corrupt or outdated or if there is a print spooler malfunction. Most of the time downloading the latest version of the HP Envy 4500 driver download helps you to resolve the issue. If that does not settle it then you can conduct a spooler check. Alternatively, the HP printer backend technical support team is always available to reconcile all your printer issues. You can also follow the troubleshooting steps outlined at 123.hp.com/troubleshooting for quick resolutions.
Here are a few steps you can follow to troubleshoot HP ENVY 4500 printing issues (123.hp.com/setup):
- As the first step it is always recommended to check your print queue. Your document will invariably be listed there.
- On the Start button on your computer select Devices and Printers
- Right click your printer’s name under Devices and Printers and see what is printing or listed in the print queue
- Try to print the document again from the print queue
- If the print job disappears from the print queue but there is no print out then download the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool that diagnoses and resolves all HP printing and scanning issues
- The scan doctor will automatically trigger troubleshooting instructions that you can follow to resolve your problem
- To uninstall the HP Envy 4500 driver download and disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer
- Disconnect the printer from the wired Ethernet or wireless connection
- Then under Devices and Printers right click on the printer and select Remove Device to uninstall the printer software
- You can now rename the DLL file by deleting the DLL suffix
- Turn on the printer now, connect the USB cable and update the latest HP Envy 4500 driver download and software.