HP ENVY 5055 PRINTER: INTRODUCTION, FEATURES, HP ENVY PRINTER SETUP, DRIVER, AND SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
With a wireless HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One printer, you can go wherever your imagination takes you. It’s designed to allow the entire family to be creative while also being productive. Print borderless, high-quality photographs and sharp text from all of your devices such as smartphones, tablets, internet-connected PCs, and other devices at home or on the go. Set up your photo printer with the HP Smart app, scan documents with your smartphone camera while on the go, and print from social media or the cloud, including Google Drive, iCloud, and Dropbox. It can print up to 120 pages with HP 5055 ink cartridge and up to 100 pages with HP 5055 Tri-color ink cartridge.
The Envy 5055 printer prints the document or photos at a lower cost and with more features. Create high-quality images and everyday documents by setting up, connecting, and printing directly from your mobile device. HP Envy 5055 Photo and Document All-in-One Printers are designed for families and other home users that need a device that can print anything from documents, emails, and web pages to clear, vivid lab-quality photos and copying and scanning capabilities.
KEY FEATURES OF HP ENVY 5055:
- Fast printing, scanning, and copying Color printing at seven ppm and black and white printing at ten ppm
- HP thermal inkjet printing technology with up to 4800 x 1200 dpi color resolution and automatic standard duplex printing
- Mobile printing through HP Smart App, HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, and other solutions is enabled via wireless direct and local Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Flatbed scanner lid with best resolution up to 1200 x 1200 and maximum scan size 8.5″ x 11.69″
- 2″ Hi-Res Mono LCD and Copy resolution up to 600 x 300 dpi
- It can hold upto a 100-sheet input tray and a 25-sheet output tray.
- Reasonable initial purchasing price
- Instant Ink has a low running cost.
- Good overall print quality.
- 256 MB DDR3L Memory
- Energy Star certified
- Without HP Instant Ink, the cost per page is extremely expensive.
- There is no ADF and support for flash drives or SD cards.
- Production is slow.
HOW TO SET UP THE HP ENVY 5055 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER?
- Unbox the HP Envy 5055 Printer and take out the other accessories from the box, such as the user manual, power cords, and HP 5055 ink cartridges.
- Take the printer out with care and place the printer on a table.
- Before we power up the printer, remove the adhesive tapes and packing material around the printer. Also, remove the protective materials and cardboard from the scanner lid and ink cartridges slot.
- Then, plug the power cord’s one end at the HP Envy 5055 printer back and another end to the wall outlet.
- It’s time to power the printer by pressing the power button, and the HP Logo displays in the printer’s control panel.
- Now, select the preferred language and country or region.
- HP recommends using the HP Smart app on the next screen, or you can set up the printer manually.
- Touch Info and then tap the Manual Setup option to begin the Manual Setup.
- Then, the prompt message pops up to install the HP Envy 5055 ink cartridges. Grab the notch on the side to open the cartridge access door.
- Remove the cartridges from the cover and eliminate the orange tape from both the HP Envy 5055 ink cartridges.
- Insert the tri-color cartridges on the left side slot and black cartridges on the right side slot. And Make sure that the HP Envy 5055 ink cartridges are seated firmly. Finally, close the cartridge access door.
- You can see a successful message if the HP Envy 5055 ink cartridges are correctly inserted.
- Then, open up the Input paper tray and adjust the paper width. Finally, load the plain paper and close the tray.
- On the printer’s touchscreen, hit the OK button to print the alignment page.
- Take out the Alignment page from the output tray.
- Now, place the alignment page on the Scanner bed as directed and hit the Scan option on the screen.
- Finally, you will see a successful alignment message on the screen.
- To proceed with further Setup, touch Info and then the Advanced Setup button.
- Choose the printer update options as you wish and then follow the prompts as instructed. Touch OK option. Now, the Printer Hardware Setup is complete.
HOW TO CONNECT THE HP ENVY 5055 PRINTER TO A WIRELESS CONNECTION?
- To begin, Touch the Setup option and scroll down to select Network Setup.
- Ensure that the Wireless option is on and then tap the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Then, select your Wireless network name and touch OK to enter the Wireless Network password.
- On the next screen, use the keypad to enter the valid password and touch Done.
- To confirm the connection, hit OK. Then, wait till the Wireless network connects the HP Envy 5055 printer.
- At last, the Wireless Network is connected to the printer successfully.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER WAYS TO SET UP THE HP ENVY 5055 PRINTER?
You can set up the HP Envy 5055 printer in two methods. The first method is using the computer. The procedure is pretty much identical for Windows or MAC, and the second method is to download the HP Smart app for Setup. Here we go!
SETTING UP THE PRINTER USING A WINDOWS COMPUTER OR MAC:
- On your Mac or Windows, open the web browser, which is convenient to use.
- Type 123.hp.com/setup and tap the enter key.
- On the HP official page, click the Download button to download the HP Envy 5055 Printer software.
- You can see a file downloaded in the bottom left corner.
- Please open the file, and then it starts up the HP Easy start software.
- Review and accept the Privacy statement by hitting the check box and then the continue option.
- Continue to follow the guidelines as instructed on your screen. Then, complete the HP Envy 5055 driver and software procedure.
- Note:In between the procedure, you may be prompted to sign in for HP Instant Ink. It’s not necessary to Sign in during driver installation. Therefore, you can skip this step.
- Choose the driver and software you want and download it. To complete the installation, proceed to follow the prompts as directed.
- Finally, it displays a successful message that the HP Envy 5055 printer setup is complete.
SETTING UP THE HP ENVY 5055 USING THE HP SMART APP:
HP Smart app is available on both Android and Apple devices. You can also install the HP Smart app on your computer or laptop.
- To begin, download the HP Smart app from the Apple app store or Google play store.
- After the app is downloaded, hit the Plus sign at the top.
- And then, select the HP Envy 5055 Printer and click Add Printer.
- Once the printer is added to the network, you can see the HP Envy 5055 ink level and print, scan, and copy the document or images.
HOW TO PRINT A DOCUMENT OR PICTURE USING HP ePrint IN HP ENVY 5055 PRINTER?
- In your HP Envy 5055 printer, touch the Setup icon and select Network Setup, Web Services Setup, or Wireless Settings options on the printer menu to navigate to Web Services item.
- Then, find the ePrint option and turn it on.
- Now, the printer’s email address displays on the control panel, and for more details, touch the Print info option.
- You will receive an instruction page printed on your printer. And collect it from the output tray.
- Use the unique email address assigned to your HP printer to send documents or photos from any mobile device or computer.
- Compose a new email, type the printer’s email address, attach the document or image, and hit the send button.
- Once the printer receives the job, you can get the printed document in a second. HP ePrint makes it easy to send the print job to your HP Envy 5055 printer from any device.
CHANGE HP ENVY 5055 PRINTERS EMAIL ADDRESS FROM HP SMART:
- On your PC or mobile device, go to hpsmart.com and click the Sign-in option.
- Enter the email address associated with your HP account and type the password. Then, hit the Sign-in option.
- Select the HP Envy 5055 printer from the list and in the ePrint address section.
- Enter the new printer’s email address as you wish and click Submit.
- After the email address updates and you can resume sending ePrint jobs to the HP Envy 5055 printer from an email account.
HOW TO PRINT A DOCUMENT OR PICTURE USING AIRPRINT IN YOUR HP ENVY 5055 PRINTER?
AirPrint is a printing function in Apple’s macOS and iOS operating systems that allows you to print over a Wi-Fi connection to an AirPrint compatible printer. Print from your iPad or iPhone directly to your HP Envy 5055 printer without a Wireless network using Wi-Fi direct.
- Turn on your HP 5055 printer, press the direct Wi-Fi icon, or open the Wi-Fi direct settings menu.
- Make a note of the Wi-Fi direct name and password.
- On the iOS device, tap the settings option and then the Wi-Fi option. From the list of available options, select the printer’s Wi-Fi direct name and enter the password.
- When the printer is connected to the iOS device using Wi-Fi direct, you may not access the internet.
- Now, open the picture from your album or document and click the share icon.
- Then, tap the Print option and select the printer. And hit the print option.
- Finally, the picture or document prints using the Wi-Fi direct. You can reconnect the device to the wireless network after the print job completes.
HOW TO CANCEL A PRINT JOB IN HP ENVY 5055?
To cancel an HP Envy 5055 printer, touch the cross icon(X), Stop or Cancel option on the printer’s control panel.
CANCEL A PRINTER JOB FROM A COMPUTER:
- Open the print queue.
- In the notification box, if a printer icon appears, double-click it to open the print queue.
- If you don’t see a printer icon, look for and open Printers & scanners, choose your printer from the list and click Open queue.
- Click Cancel after right-clicking the print job you want to cancel.
- Open the print queue.
- If you see a printer icon in the Dock, click it to open the print queue.
- Suppose you don’t see a printer icon, open Printers & Scanners, choose the HP Envy 5055 printer, and click Open Print Queue.
- To cancel the assigned print job, click the Cancel symbol next to it.
HOW TO HANDLE PAPER TO AVOID PAPER JAMS IN HP ENVY 5055 PRINTER?
Paper jams and twisted printed images can both be caused by misaligned paper in the input tray. In addition, paper jams, skewed pictures, and generally poor print quality can result from feeding paper that has been damaged by misuse of the printer. Follow the steps given below to load the paper:
- To expand the paper tray, open the paper tray door and drag it toward you.
- Pull the paper tray extender out gently, then lift the paper catch.
- Adjust the paper width guides to the edge.
- Examine the paper’s quality and replace any ripped, dirty, curled, wrinkled, or bent.
- Place a stack of US letter or A4 size paper with the short edge ahead and the print side down in the main input tray. Push the stack into the tray until it comes to a complete halt.
- Adjust the paper width until they are level with the paper’s edges.
- Push forward on the input tray until it clicks into place. To avoid receiving an error notice, make sure the tray is fully inserted.
If you need any assistance with HP Envy 5055 printer setup, driver, or software installation, don’t hesitate to contact our printer tech team executives. We are here to resolve your issues instantly.
1. What is the best way to copy on my HP Envy printer?
- Place the printed paper side down on the scanner glass’s right front corner.
- Set the number of copies and the parameters.
- Touch Copy from the Home screen.
- Select the required number of copies by swiping left or right.
- To begin the copy process, select Black or Color.
- Load the second original when requested, then press OK.
2. Is it possible to fax with the HP Envy 5055?
Users of the HP Envy 5055 Fax Setup device can also send and receive faxes using their HP envy 5055 All-in-One Printer series. Can send the Fax in many ways. Regular Fax is being sent. Using the printer control panel, the user can transmit single or multiple-page Fax in black & white or color.
3. Is there a USB port on the HP ENVY 5055?
For the HP Envy 5055 USB Printer Setup, you will need the following items, a USB cable with 3 m (9 feet 10 inches) long and an accessible USB port on your computer: If you connect using a USB port, the printer may not be able to accept enough power to function correctly. So get yourself a USB cable.
4. What Ink does the HP ENVY 5055 use, and is it wireless?
The HP Envy 5055 is a versatile wireless printer used with a computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet. The HP ENVY 5055 printer’s main consumables are HP 65 Black Ink and HP 65 Tri-Color Ink cartridges. In addition, instead of using normal yield HP 65 ink cartridges, the ENVY 5055 can use high-yield HP 65XL cartridges.
5. Why is my HP Envy 5055 printer not printing?
Open your computer’s Print Preferences window and double-check that the print settings are appropriate for the print job. Next, make that the printer can handle the print media you have loaded into the input tray. Next, attempt to print a test page. If the problem persists, the printer should be reset.
6. Why is the HP ENVY 5055 not working?
The HP Envy 5055 goes offline and disconnects from the network regularly. The cause of the problem is primarily due to a firewall issue. It’s not a problem with the software driver, cable connection, or router.
7. Is Bluetooth available on the HP ENVY 5055?
No, this printer, like the majority of HP printers, does not use or support Bluetooth printing. “Bluetooth Smart,” says the Bluetooth logo on the packaging. Bluetooth LE (BLE) or Bluetooth Low Energy is another name for this technology. HP Envy 5055 printer only uses this for pairing assistance and provides device information to assist with Wireless Direct printing setup.