HP Laserjet Pro M404dn Wireless Setup
HP Laserjet Pro M404DN is one workgroup, laser, monochrome wired printer. Its has mobile printing capacity can be Google Cloud Print, HP ePrint, Morpia Print service. The print is up to 38 ppm for black, and its compatible operating system shall be Android, Apple, Microsoft Windows. Its monthly duty cycle can be 80000 pages, and the recommended monthly volume can be 750 to 4000 pages. Let us see the proper setup and HP Laserjet Pro m404dn Wireless Setup guidelines in this blog.
Setup Guidelines for My HP Laserjet Pro M404dn Wireless Printer
The following guidelines can help you to proceed with the HP Laserjet Pro M404dn Wireless Setup:
- At first, you have to peel off the tape that is stuck on the HP Laserjet Pro m404dn printer package.
- Flip its folds back, hold the styrofoams and take out the HP printer from the package.
- Now, place the HP Laserjet printer on a smooth surface and then check for the
- essential contents.
What are the attachments that came along the package?
- HP Laserjet Pro m404dn printer
- Preinstalled HP 59A Black Laserjet Toner cartridge
- Setup guide
- Support flyer
- Warranty sheet
- Regulatory Flyer
- Power cord
Note: Make sure to use only the attachments that came along with the package for HP Laserjet Pro M404dn printer.
- After that, start to install the HP Laserjet Pro m404dn printer.
- Fix one end of the power adapter to the printer’s rear and the other end to the power supply.
- Next, push the power button to turn on the HP Laserjet printer.
- Secondly, you have to draw the paper tray and remove it from the HP Laserjet printer.
- Make sure to adjust the width guides according to the paper size that you are going to insert.
- Further, take a pile of papers, dust it properly and place them on the paper input tray.
- Make the necessary adjustments of the width guides and then place the input tray in to the HP Laserjet printer.
- Thirdly, make sure to configure the printer preferences and check whether the printer works.
- The HP Laserjet pro m404dn printer will align the cartridges and prints the alignment page.
- Check for the alignment and then proceed with the next step.
- Finally, you can install the drivers for your printer and perform the HP Laserjet Pro M404dn Wireless Setup.
Here are the Driver Download instructions for my HP Laserjet Pro M404dn printer!
Proceed with the following prompts to install the driver for HP Laserjet pro M404dn:
- Connect the HP Laserjet Pro m404dn printer to your computer using a USB cable.
- First of all, launch a new web browser and navigate to the HP support site to receive the driver.
- After that, input the model number in to text box and click Go.
- Next, select the Drivers and Downloads section.
- Now, check for your model number and the image of your printer.
- Secondly, you have to choose the operating system from the list available.
- It can be either Mac or Windows.
- Moreover, reach the system settings of yours and check for the version of the operating system.
- Similarly, get back to the support site and choose the version of your operating system from the available list.
- Read the driver file instructions and accept any agreement found.
- Further, click the Download button to get the HP Laserjet m404dn printer driver.
- At last, choose a location for your HP Laserjet printer driver file to save it.
- Access the downloads location, double-click the driver file, and start with the installation process.
- And then start with the HP Laserjet Pro M404dn Wireless Setup.
Connecting My HP Laserjet Pro M404dn printer to the wireless network!
Execute the below guidelines to connect the HP Laserjet Pro M404dn printer to the WiFi:
- Make use of the Wi-Fi Direct to print wirelessly from the below devices:
- Android mobile devices that support Android embedded print solution
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod using Apple AirPrint or the HP Smart app
- Android devices with the HP Smart app
- Or the Android integrated print solution
- PC and Mac devices that use the HP ePrint Software
- HP Roam
How to turn on the Wi-Fi Direct feature?
The following steps can guide you to turn on the Wi-Fi Direct feature?
- At first, on the HP printer front panel, press the OK button to show the Home screen.
- After that, you have to select the Setup option.
- Under that, choose Wi-Fi Direct—> Wi-Fi Direct Status.
- In case, if Wi-Fi Direct is in the Off position, push the right arrow key to turn it on.
- And finally, press OK to confirm and save the setting.
HP Laserjet Pro M404dn Setup Troubleshooting
Why is my HP Laserjet Pro M404dn printer Offline?
- First of all, you must check the cables that are available on the HP printer.
- You must check whether all the cables are attached firmly to the printer and the next end.
- Moreover, you have to try to cancel all the pending print jobs.
- Next, set the printer to an Online state.
- Click the Start icon and select the Control Panel and choose Devices and Printers.
- Click on the HP printer and select the See what’s printing option.
- At last, select the Use printer online by opting for your HP printer.
- Secondly, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver and packages.
- At last, restart your computer and the HP Laserjet Pro m404dn printer.
My HP Laserjet Pro M404dn not Printing- why?
- At first, you have to reset the HP Laserjet Pro m404dn printer to its default configurations.
- After that, verify the network connection of the printer.
- Make sure not to perform any network connection using a hub or switch.
- Besides, exclude the printer software on the computer.
- Likewise, get and install the latest version of the HP printer.
- Finally, check for the issue.
How to fix HP Laserjet Pro M404dn Paper Jam?
- Firstly, you have to verify the paper jams in the printer components like tray 1, 2, duplexer, bin, and the ink cartridges area.
- If you find any paper jams, make sure to take it out gently using your hands.
- Secondly, you must re insert the parts that you have removed from the HP printer.
- And then check if it shows the same error again on your control panel.
- Or else contact our tech support team for special guidance.
If you hold any questions or want further details regarding the HP Laserjet Pro M404dn Wireless Setup, contact our technical support squad by dialing the toll-free number +1-800-237-0201 or visit our site 123.hp.com/setup