Windows 11 is yet to be launched and installing the printer driver in Windows becomes simple. Windows 11 creates a quiet and creative environment where you can explore your passions in a new way. There’s something for everyone, from a redesigned Start menu to new ways to connect with your favorite people, news, games, and content. Windows 11 is the natural place to think, express, and create. With tools like Snap layouts, Desktops, and a new, more adaptive redocking experience, you can access all of the apps you need and multitask with ease. A printer driver is a software that converts data from your computer into a format that your printer can understand. Each printer has its own set of hardware and software, and your computer will need to learn how to communicate with it.
The printer driver is utilized to achieve: a driver aids your computer in comprehending the printer’s technical specifications and how to send data to it and sends print data to the printer in a format that the printer understands. Consider how difficult it would be to offer directions to someone who does not speak your native tongue. A printer driver would act as your translator, transmitting your instructions in the correct language. In case the HP printer driver is not installed, or if it’s installed incorrectly, your computer won’t be able to recognize the printer or accomplish even the most basic printing activities. When you purchase a new printer, you must install the printer’s driver on each computer from which you desire to print.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL PRINTER DRIVERS IN WINDOWS?
If your printer arrived with a CD, it might have software that might assist you in installing drivers or checking for driver updates. Updates for printer drivers are frequently found on the Drivers section on HP printer’s website. In addition, some support sites allow you to search for your HP printer model number directly. Search and download the most up-to-date driver for your printer model, then follow the Manufacturer’s installation instructions. The majority of drivers are self-installing. Double-click the file to begin installing it after you have downloaded it.
- Visit support.hp.com and hit the Software and Driver tab.
- Type your HP model number and select the printer name from the resultant list.
- Download the driver by hitting the download button.
- Run the downloaded driver file and complete the driver installation by following the prompts on the wizard.
After the driver installation is complete, remove and reinstall the printer by following the procedures below:
- First, tap the Windows button, then select Settings.
- Then, type Printers & scanners and open the Printers & scanners windows.
- Select your HP printer under Printers & scanners, and then select Remove device.
- After you remove the HP printer, select Add a printer or scanner to reinstall it.
- Please wait for your HP printer to be detected, and then choose the HP printer and add it to the computer for printing, copying, and scanning.
HOW TO INSTALL AN HP PRINTER USING THE WINDOWS 10 PRINT DRIVER?
You can install the HP printer without any software using the driver built into the Windows operating system. The Windows print driver provides basic functionality for HP printers. If the USB cables are connected to the printer, disconnect them. Let’s begins with setting the Windows update to download driver software automatically:
- Click the Windows button, search for change device installation settings and select it.
- From the device installation window, choose yes.
- And then, click the Save changes button.
- Now, connect your HP printer to the PC. There are two options to connect the HP printer to the computer, and you can use a wireless or USB connection as you prefer.
- To set up a wireless connection:
- For HP printers without buttons: You can use the Wireless Setup Wizard option on your HP printer’s control panel. Touch the Wireless icon and select Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer list the Wi-Fi network around it. Type the Wireless password and hit Connect to complete the Wireless connection process.
- For HP printer with buttons: You can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup to connect the printer wirelessly, instead of using the Wireless Setup Wizard. Press the Wireless button until the light blinks. And then, go near the Wi-Fi router and press the WPS button within two minutes. Now, wait for 2 to 3 minutes till the HP printer and Wi-Fi router establish a connection.
- Now, connect the USB cable to the HP printer and computer.
- Then, Windows detects the HP printer through the new connection and installs the printer’s driver.
- If a new Hardware Wizard appears, click it to follow the guidelines instructed to complete the printer installation.
- Then, try to print any document or image. If the document prints, the printer installation is successful.
- If you can’t print the document, install the printer driver using the Add a Printer Wizard.
- Search for Control Panel in the Windows search bar and select it.
- Choose the Devices and printers or printers and scanners option, and the window opens.
- Click on Add a printer option and select your printer in the dialog box, and hit Next. Follow the instructed prompts.
- Finally, print a document. If the printing is successful, the printer driver installs and working correctly.
HOW TO INSTALL AN HP PRINTER WITH AN ALTERNATIVE DRIVER ON WINDOWS 10 USING A USB CONNECTION?
- Open the Windows menu and type the devices and printers or printers and scanners in the search bar.
- Select the resultant option and open it. The Printers and Scanners window opens.
- Click the Add a Printer, select your HP printer from the list, or hit The Printer that I want isn’t listed link at the bottom.
- And then tap the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings radio button.
- Choose the printer port as you prefer and click the Next button.
- To install the printer driver, choose the manufacturer as HP and then select your HP printer model from the other box. Click Next.
- On the next screen, type the printer name and hit Next.
- Then, click the Finish button.
- Now, we can see the HP printer is added and right-click on the printer to choose Printer Properties.
- Click the Port tab and then click the checkboxes to select all the USB ports. Click the Apply button.
- Close all the windows and go to the Start menu again.
- Type Computer management and select it.
- Click the Device Manager menu on the left side.
- Then, please select the Network adapter option to expand it. Next, choose your HP printer and right-click on it. From the list of menus, click update driver software and then select Browse my computer for driver software.
- On the next screen, manually select your HP printer. Next, select the manufacturer and HP printer model and click Next.
- Finally, the printer driver is installed successfully on Windows 10.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR HP PRINTER DRIVER?
If you already have an HP driver installed on your computer, you may regularly update to fix errors and provide new features. You don’t want to overlook these updates because an out-of-date driver could cause your printer to stop communicating with your computer. You have a few options for updating your driver.
Windows Update can help you update your driver:
- Restart your computer to ensure that any previous updates have been installed appropriately.
- Search for and open with the Windows button.
- Check for the updates.
- If any updates are available, they should begin installing automatically; if not, click Download to begin the process.
- You can also change the settings for Windows Update from this page.
In Device Manager, update your driver:
- Search for and launch Device Manager by using the Windows button.
- From the list of devices, choose the HP printer that you’ve connected.
- Select Update driver or Update driver software from the context menu when you right-click the device.
- Updated driver software is automatically searched.
- To install the latest driver, follow the on-screen steps.
- Start your computer again.
WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN WINDOWS 10 BUILT-IN DRIVER INSTALLATION IS UNSUCCESSFUL?
Procedure 1: Uninstall the printer from the computer
- If the HP printer uses a USB cable to connect to the PC, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Check if the printer is in a ready state by turning it off and on again.
- Please search for the printers and scanners option in the Windows menu and open it.
- Remove your HP printer and all other printers one by one by right-clicking the printer icon and select Remove Device.
- To finish the process, follow the directions.
Procedure 2: Connect your HP printer to the computer
Method 1: USB Connection
- Usethe USB cable to connect the HP printer to the computer.
- Check that your computer is turned on and that it is linked to the Internet.
- Activate the printer.
- Connect a USB cable to the printer’s USB connection on the back, then to the computer.
- If a window titled Found new hardware appears, follow the directions to install the driver, and then try printing.
- Your HP driver installs,and you can use your printer. You can skip the steps below.
Method 2: Wireless connection
Connect the HP printer with the Wireless Setup Wizard (Touchscreen printer):
- Ensure that the HP printer, Wi-Fi router, and computer are all turned on.
- Verify that the PC and printer are both on the same wireless network. Then, disconnect the printer’s USB and Ethernet wires.
- Touch the Setup icon and select the Network or Wireless options on the printer control panel.
- To connect the printer, tap Wireless Setup Wizard, choose the Wi-Fi name, and type the password to establish the connection.
Connect the HP printer with the WPS button (Printers without touchscreen):
- Hold down the Wireless button on the HP printer’s control panel.
- When the Wi-Fi light starts to blink, release the button.
- Hold the WPS button for five seconds on your wireless router and release it within two minutes.
- Allow up to two minutes for the HP printer and router to connect to the network.
Method 3: Wired connection:
- Please ensure you have an Ethernet port on your network router.
- If your computer is not connected to the router, connect it before you begin the process.
- Grab an Ethernet cable. Do not use a regular telephone cable.
- Power on the HP printer.
- Remove any plugs or protective covers from the printer’s Ethernet port on the back.
- Connect the Ethernet connection to the printer and a router port available.
Procedure 3: Set Windows Update to download driver software automatically.
- You can find the Change device installation settings option in the Windows menu.
- Select the Yes option in the Device Installation Settings window, then click Save Changes.
Procedure 4: Using the Add Printer wizard to install the printer driver.
- Search for and open Control Panel on Windows.
- Then, under Devices & Printers, click Add a printer.
- Select your printer, and click Next. And then follow the prompts as guided to install the driver.
- Proceed with these steps if your printer is not on the list. Hit the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option after clicking The printer I want isn’t shown. Click Next.
- Select the port that your printer will utilize, and then click Next.
- Wait for the print drivers to update after clicking Windows Update.
- In the Printers window, click the name of your HP printer after clicking the Manufacturer’s name.
- If your HP printer model is shown, choose it, click Next, and then install the driver by following the steps.
- If your printer isn’t shown, return to the Find a printer via other options steps by clicking the back arrow twice in the upper left corner of the window.
- Click Next after selecting Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or a hostname.
- From the Device type drop-down menu, choose Autodetect.
- Enter your printer’s IP address in the text box and click Next after that.
- To get the printer’s IP address, Print a Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page.
- After the computer has established a connection with the printer, click Next to install the print driver.
For further clarifications regarding the installation and updating HP printer’s driver, kindly reach out to our support executives for an instant and timely resolution relying upon your pre-requisite necessities for the time. Don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you!!!
1. Why isn’t my HP printer driver installing?
- Check that your computer is turned on and that it is connected to the Internet. Next, turn on the HP printer.
- Connect a USB cable to the printer’s USB connection on the back, then to the computer.
- If a window titled “Found new hardware” appears, follow the directions to install the driver, and then try printing.
2. When installing a printer driver, what are the four steps to take?
- Use the Installation Disc and the Manufacturer’s Instructions.
- Installing a Printer Shared on Your Network Obtaining Printer Drivers from the Manufacturer.
- Set the Printer as the Default Printer.
3. How can I get HP drivers to work on Windows 10?
- Updates to the firmware or BIOS in Windows 10
- Open Device Manager by searching for it.
- Expand the Firmware option.
- System Firmware should be double-clicked.
- Navigate to the Driver tab.
- Then select Update Driver.
- Select Automatically search for updated driver software.
- Wait till the driver updates to finish downloading before proceeding with the instructions.
4. Is it true that Windows 10 installs drivers for you?
When you connect your devices for the first time, Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs drivers. At the very least, Windows 10 offers default drivers that work on a universal basis to ensure that the hardware works properly.
5. What should I do if I’m not sure which drivers to install?
- Expand the branch for the device whose driver version you want to examine.
- Next, right-click the device and choose the Properties menu.
- Switch to the Driver tab. Check the device’s installed driver version.
6. How to download the latest version of the HP printer driver for Windows 10?
Select the Windows button, then Settings, Update & Security, and Check for Updates.
If Windows Update detects an updated driver, it will automatically download and install it, and your printer will utilize it.
7. Is it important to upgrade my HP printer driver?
Printer makers do regularly, as drivers, like computer software, need to be updated from time to time to address errors and add new features. In addition, drivers enable the computer and operating system to communicate. Therefore keeping their software up to date is critical.