HP, Hewlett-Packard printers Introduced in the year 1984 arrive with the latest, advanced technology. HP Office jet, Design Jet, LaserJet, and Envy are the top models available. You can perform functions such as Print, Scan, Copy, and Fax. If you are expecting excellent Print quality and speed, HP is the right choice
Are you ready to begin scan jobs using HP printer?
Windows, Mac, Chrome book, and Ios versions are compatible to perform your Scan, Jobs. The scan settings may differ and depend on the Printer model, Computer used
Note that it’s hard to avoid scan issues. You can resolve it using the appropriate troubleshooting guide
Guidelines to scan your documents using HP printer- Windows, Mac
To begin your scan jobs, let us explain how to set up your HP printer to scan.
- To begin your scan jobs, turn on your HP Printer, Computer
- Navigate to the Printer control panel
- Then choose the appropriate settings to establish the network
- Wireless setup wizard, WPS connection methods are compatible to use with HP
- Now visit the HP software download portal
- Install the Scanning software, HP Smart app
- To find the software, go to the section, Let’s identify your Product
- Then provide the Printer name
- You can also access the device app store to find the software
- Open the Scanning software
- Now position the paper on the scanner glass
- You can also place the document into document feeder if compatible
- Select the appropriate scan settings
- Set the Scan job type, color
- Then tap on the option, Scan
- View the scan preview window
- If the settings are accurate, follow the commands to complete the Scanning process
- Save your document to the required folder
- To send the Scanned document to Email, access HP smart app
- Click on the option, Mail
- Enter the Email address and tap on the option, Send
HP printer scan using Android device
If you are an Android user, the scan process is easy. Check out the procedure here
- At first, choose a compatible Android device
- Then enable the Wi-Fi direct feature on your Printer, Computer
- Ensure to connect your Mobile device, Printer to the same network
- Select and add your HP printer
- Provide the Wi-Fi direct username, password whenever you receive a prompt
- Activate the network connection
- Then visit the android app store to install the HPsmart app
- Check the app compatibility before installation
- Allow HP smart app to access the media files on your device
- Now place the document on the scanner glass
- Set the scan settings
- Use the auto-enhance settings to brighten the color and improve the image contrast
- You can also adjust the boundary
- Click on the icon scan
- Select the scan settings
- Tap on the icon scan
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your device display screen to complete the scanjobs
- If HP solution center software is installed on your computer, you can save the document in PDF format
- You will receive a message to save your document if the scan process is complete
- Use the option, share to share, or Email your document
- HP printer scan setup is now complete
- Verify the scan quality before proceeding with the remaining scan jobs
Scan from Chrome os
- To scan documents and photos from a Chrome book, access the settings icon located on the device display screen. Next find the Print, Scan icon and click on the option, Scan. Now select your HP printer and execute the onscreen prompts to complete the scanning process.
- Ensure that your Chrome book device is updated with the latest OS version before Scanning
How to troubleshoot HP printer Scan issues?
If you are ready to troubleshoot HP printer Scan issues, here we suggest the common tips and tricks. The troubleshooting becomes easy if you understand the error cause
- At first, restart your HP printer, Computer
- Android device users can find the appropriate restart settings
- If Scan issues remain, check the scanning software version
- If the software version is outdated, visit the appropriate driver download portal to find the latest software
- Meanwhile, troubleshoot hardware issues
- Windows users can run a system file checker to remove the corrupted system files
- Connect your Printer, Computer to a secure network before Scanning.
- To fix network issues, disconnect your Printer from the network and connect back again
- Also, ensure that the Scanner is installed properly
- You can also download HP Print and Scan doctor to fix scan issues.
- Confirm that your HP Printer is not in an offline state
- If yes, disable the offline settings to proceed with the scan jobs
- Use high-quality cables to connect your device to the Scanner
- Windows users can install Windows image acquisition software to improve the system capability and performance
- Verify the Scan settings before execution
- Do not proceed with the scan jobs if the scan instructions are not clear
HP printer scan setup process is now complete
Why won’t my HP printer Scan to the computer?
HP printer Scan errors are common. Outdated scan software, incorrect scan settings can cause scan issues. Hence you can update the Scanning software, verify the scan settings to proceed further. Also, try performing a system restart
In addition, check if your Printer is connected to a secure network. It’s hard to perform the scan jobs without a good speed network
How do I install HP printer Scanning software?
- To install HP printer Scanning software, visit the software download portal
- Navigate to the section, Let’s identify your Product
- Enter the Printer version
- Wait for the software search results
- Select the software
- Click on the icon, download
- Tap on the software setup file and follow the guidelines to complete the installation process
How to use HP scan software?
HP scanner software is widely used to scan documents using HP printer. The full-featured driver is compatible to use with the Windows, Mac operating system. You can find the software by visiting the HP software download portal
- Install HP scanner software
- Place the document on the scanner glass, access the software
- Select the scan settings
- Choose the option, Scan
- This way, you can use HP scan software to complete the scan jobs
- Check the software version if you come across any errors
How do I get my Printer to Scan to PDF?
Scanning to PDF format is easy. Check if the HP Solution Center program is installed on your device. If yes, select the scan settings on your device and choose the PDF option. Save the file after selecting the Scan to PDF settings
Note that you can also use formats other than PDF if available
Why does my Computer fail to detect the Scanner?
Your computer may not detect the scanner due to corrupted or incorrect drivers. Faulty cables used to connect your device to the Scanner can also cause error codes to pop up. To fix the issue, follow the guidelines below
- Uninstall the corrupted drivers
- Update or upgrade the Scanning software version
- Check the cable connection
- If the cables used are faulty, purchase new cables
- Confirm that the hardware connections are secure
- You can check the serial and parallel input ports using another device
- Service your Computer once
How to fix Scan errors using HP Print and Scan doctor tool?
It’s easy to fix Scan issues using the HP Print and Scan doctor tool. Install the software on your device and follow the instructions below
- To download HP print and Scan doctor tool, choose the appropriate portal
- Then go to the software search tab
- Enter the Printer name and version
- Find the software from the search results
- Select the software
- Click on the option, Download
- Access the software
- Navigate to the settings, Fix Printing or Scanning
- Choose the icon, Fix Scanning
- Then go forward with the onscreen guidelines
How to scan a document and email AS AN ATTACHMENT?
If you would like to email the Scanned document, let us help you to complete the process. You can install the Scanning software, position the paper on the Scanner glass and follow the steps below
- Access the scanning software
- Set the Scan preference settings
- Select the option, Scan
- Wait for the scanned image or document to appear
- Now select the option, Send Email
- Configure the document settings
- Finally, press the OK button to send the document to the selected Email address
What is HP easy Scan?
HP easy scan is the software developed to use with HP scanner or Printer. The software arrives with top features such as automatic photodetection and text recognition. If the software is installed on your device, you can easily select the Scan settings, perform the Scan jobs
- You can visit the HP printer software download portal to install HP easy Scan software
- To avoid software issues, update or upgrade the software regularly
What are the top HP printers available in the market today to perform your scan jobs?
Check out the top HP printer models available in the market today. Find the best deals and offers to start your Purchase. You can read the device reviews to know the features in detail
- HP DeskJet 2135 All-in-One Printer
- DeskJet 4729 All-in-One Printer
- LaserJet Pro M126nw Multi-Function Printer
- HPSmart Tank Plus 555
- Envy Pro 6420
- HPDeskJet 3760
- Color LaserJet Pro M283fdw, HP
- HPLaserJet Pro M15w
- Envy 5055
- HPOfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
- ENVY Photo 7155 printer
How do I check if the Scan feature is enabled on my Windows computer?
To verify if the Scan feature is enabled on your Windows computer, follow the guidelines below
- At first, switch on your Windows Device
- Search Windows to find your Printer Name
- Navigate to the Scan settings and select the option, Manage Scan to computer
- Finally, tap on the Enable Icon
- You can now proceed with the scan jobs
THE best HP SCAN SOFTWARE to use
- HP Scanning software, HP smart app is widely recommended to perform Scan jobs. If HP smart app is your choice, you can even check the printer information, manage and share access, perform the print jobs, and much more
- We also suggest using Windows Fax and Scan software
- If you are a Mac user, install HP easy scan software to perform your Scan jobs
How to connect HP printer to the network to perform scan jobs?
It’s easy to connect your HP printer to the network. New users can find the step by step instructions below
- Turn on the Printer, Computer
- Navigate to the Printer control panel
- Choose the option, Wireless setup wizard or WPS
- Execute the onscreen guidelines that appear
- Once if the network is active, download and install the scanning software to proceed with the scan jobs
- We also suggest the Wi-Fi direct feature available to connect your device to HP printer
How to set up a Scanner?
- To setup, a Scanner on your Windows device, navigate to the option, Printers, and Scanners.
- Then tap on the option, Add Printer or Scanner
- Find the nearby scanners.
- Select the Scanner and click on the icon, Add.
- Note that the settings differ for Mac device
- Mac users can access the system preference settings
- Choose the icon, Printers & Scanners
- Now check if you can find the list of Scanners
- If yes, select the Scanner
- Click on the option, Add a device
WHY IS MY SCANNER NOT CONNECTING TO MAC?
If your Scanner is not connecting to the Mac device, disconnect the Scanner and connect back again. Ensure that the scanner is connected properly to the power outlet. Try restarting your Printer, Computer once
You can also use an alternate port to connect the Scanner
How to set up HP printer?
- Unbox the Printer from the package
- Connect the necessary cables
- Insert the cartridges
- Position the paper
- Turn the Printer ON
- Access the device control panel
- Choose the network settings such as Wireless setup wizard or WPS
- Install HP printer software
- Add Windows and Mac computer
- Select the appropriate settings to perform the Print, Scan, Copy, and Fax jobs
- Meanwhile, fix HP printer setup issues
- If error codes persist after troubleshooting, go for a device replacement
Why can’t I connect my printer or scan over the network?
Network issues can often interrupt the scan jobs. Hence we suggest resolving the error at the earliest to resume the scan jobs
How to fix HP printer connectivity issues?
The troubleshooting tips below can help to fix HP printer connectivity issues
- At first, check and verify the network credentials
- Restart your Printer, Computer
- Disconnect your Printer from the network and connect back again
- Provide the valid wireless network SSID, password
- Position your printer close to the Router
- Print a wireless network test report to verify the wireless settings
- Make sure that your Printer is not in an offline state or sleep mode
- Set up a new network connection if possible
- Install the latest Printer software. Check for software updates regularly
Do Printers come with Scanners?
The answer is yes. The latest Printer models arrive with the attached scanning bed. These models may be costly. We suggest choosing the model that suits your budget, requirement
Get help to complete HP printer Scan setup
If you require any assistance to complete HP printer scan setup and fix scan issues, reach out to our HP printer customer support executives right away.